Could someone clear this up PLEASE!

lucy2325
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:47 pm 
Post subject: Could someone clear this up PLEASE!
Hey everyone, here goes... I received information that if you have concieved less than 3weeks a test will not show that.. even if your periods are late. Not even a clear blue digital. I'm so confused as I have now done 4 or 5 tests all negative! I am 8days late in starting my period which is always regular! my last was 5weeks ago during my 7day break from the pill which I had only been on for 3months. I then went back on the pill for 3 days and stopped it. (Confusing I know) and have carried on having sex regulary with my partner since. I then went to see the doctor yesterday and got another negative test, she told me to wait another 3 weeks until testing again or can test every week if I wish. Although its very disheatning getting negs everytime. I am wondering if the way I stopped my pill has just delated my period or if this information is correct and if I have concieved less than 3 weeks ago it is just not showing up?? I feel like I can't find any answers anywhere and just want to know if that info is correct or not? If anyone knows or could explain further would be much appreciated as I don't really want to talk to anyone I know about this as trying to keep it all quiet. Thank you! Smile x [/u]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 am 
Post subject:
All tests are different but the sensitive tests can sometimes detect as little as 15 miu of HCG and can give a positive result as early as 10 days after ovulation , or a week and a half after when you might have conceived , the digi's are 25 miu and can be used from the day your period is due based on that being 2 weeks after you probably conceived so much less than 3 weeks ,everyones HCG levels are different though and also how much HCG you secrete in your urine can vary so not everyone will get the right result so soon Smile .
But saying all that as you stopped the pill just a few days into a new pack then your body will have to adjust to not having the pill hormones and try and get it's own normal hormone balance back ,which could happen straight away (some women ovulate within days of stopping the pill ) or could take weeks Question
the "periods" on the pill aren't periods in the proper sense of the word so you can't go off what your cycle was like on the pill as that tends to make everyones cycle 28 days , so no help in guessing when you might have your next actual period Question
All you can do really is what the doc suggested and keep testing maybe once a week until either you get a positive or your period shows and if you keep having regular sex in the meantime then even if you haven't ov'd yet you're still in with a chance .
Sorry i'm no help really but everyones different when it comes to stopping contraception and some women will have regular cycles straight away and others won't get a period for a couple of months, your doc should have explained that really Question
Good luck xx
lucy2325
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all that to me, really appreciate it. The doctor was pretty useless to be honest! But all your information is helpful. All I can do it wait for me period to show and do another test soon! Thanks again Smile X
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:44 am 
Post subject:
lucy2325 wrote:
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all that to me, really appreciate it. The doctor was pretty useless to be honest! But all your information is helpful. All I can do it wait for me period to show and do another test soon! Thanks again Smile X

doctors seem to be pretty clueless when it comes to contraception (worrying when they prescribe it to us Rolling Eyes )

my friend run out of pills, and couldnt get an appt til 2 days after she was due to start her next pack. the doctor said she would be fine as the hormones were still in her body, but not to take the pack until her period came, when it didnt come she went to the doctor, who said it was because she had stopped taking the pill and it had messed with her cycle, but to go back in a month if she hadnt had her period.

she was in fact pregnant, going on her pill break period she would have been 13 weeks, but was only 10 when she got scanned. so she obviously ovulated later.

so you could still get pregnant.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular