Missed Miscarriage? D&C?

MichelleCherry
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:32 am 
Post subject: Missed Miscarriage? D&C?
Hi Ladies,
about 3weeks ago i attended my 12 weeks scan to find the baby had died,i was devastated and so was my partner!i was then told to think about my options and come back 2weeks later for a second scan to confirm the findings,in this time i began to bleed lots,we attended the scan to hope it was all clear and can begin to get back to life,but was told i hadn't lost the baby,and needed to choose tablets or a small operation.We choose the later option.
I went into hospital on monday and had the op but wasnt told what to expect or how long im not allowed to lift and stuff, can anyone help or give some advice please?
Im dreading returning to work as last time i was there i was leaving for my scan all happy and joyful.I might go back mondya or give it another week.
Thank you for helping me out ladies
Love to you all xxx
pips1
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Michelle
so so sorry for your loss x must have been such a shock. I cant give you much info about your op, but I think from a physical point of view, you can probably go back to work, lift again and carry on as before. But, from an emotional point of view, I say from experience, that you need more time. I m/c at 8 weeks and had a couple of weeks off cos I wasnt ready to face people again - I tried to go back earlier, but it just felt wrong - as though everyone was carrying on as normal, and that really hurt me. So I took a second week off to get my head sorted out a bit. After I lost at 36 weeks, I took a full six months maty leave, and I definitely needed about 4 months of that (I took the full six cos was getting paid). So dont rush yourself. Take the time you need to come to terms a little bit with what has happened. Make sure you take care of yourself and give yourself time to grieve. Hope that has helped a little - take care PIpsx
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Michelle,

So sorry for your loss. Take as long as you need to heal. Hope all goes as well as it can on monday. I know the bleeding afterwards varies, but it shouldn't be much heavier than a normal af. Do not use tampons (risk of infection). Make sure you get the medical staff to explain everything to you both.

Take care (((hugs)))

Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Coping with a loss All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular