Moving to cot

jillylily85
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:01 am 
Post subject: Moving to cot
Im trying to move my 13 week old into his cot. He is already in it but inside his basket do he is used to his room that he shares with his big sister! I have tried swaddling him and putting him asleep but he just wakes up with a fright! He loves his basket so much but he is touching both ends! I even tried leaving him to cry checking on him every 5 mins but this went on for two hours, which killed me and I ended up giving in anyway! I really need some kind of sleep training plan as he used to fall asleep in his own no bother but now he needs bounced in his chair, I know this is my own fault because I have done it twice before with my other two! You think you would learn from your mistakes 😒 any advice would be great! I have established a good routine, 5 feeds a day and good bedtime routine.
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
///Not sure really although with my eldest, we moved her into the cot at 6 weeks because the basket she outgrew and she hated it! So she wuite like the room in the cot. But it did take some doing getting her to settle, we did the check in reg thing but i have to say it takes a very long time. Think we decided on every two mins but we had a couple weeks fo it taking an hour or so before she finally started settleing more easily.

HAve you tried putting him in there jsut for naps in the day to start with?

Also, i have heard of people rolling up a blanket and placing under the mattress cover in sort of like a ring round the lo so it kind of feels like still being in the moses, still all close round them. Might be worth a shot?

Hope he gets there soon,

Mandy xx
WeeGem
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am 
Post subject:
I never had a moses basket with my daughter, she went straight into a cot...

My only thought would be, perhaps the cot to him looks huge & very open compared to the snug & cosy basket...maybe if you add a canopy to the cot, some cot bumpers to the head, foot and sides, roll up a few wee blankets or use bolsters around the edges of the cot to fill it a bit so it doesn't feel so big and empty to him??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular