ttc,pcos and just been referred!...what to expect?

VictoriaC
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 am 
Post subject: ttc,pcos and just been referred!...what to expect?
Hi ladies

I'm new on here and I would appreciate some advise.

Ive been ttc for 24 months now, 8 months ago stopped my periods which after months of panic, i finally went to the doctor... who did tests ( lots of them)... and i got diagnosed with PCOS
(I've always been like bridget jomes, just a little bit fat lol).... but started at the gym and lost a stone in total, but no periods still!!!!

So finally, my Doctor referred me to a Gyne.... and my appointment is on the 1st of Novemeber.... and i'm unsure what happens at the appointment... i'm lead to beleive off my doc that they will put me on Clomid.... but i feel its just not as easy as that?

and i am just wondering whether any of you ladies could give me some guidence please?

Vic
xxxxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Vic,

I cant imagine how frustrating it must be not having any periods as much as I hate them. Personally my experience of the first gynae appointment is lots of questions and form filling. Is it an appointment for you and your partner or just you? You wont get much in the way of treatment at the first appointment theyll discuss a plan of action like what further tests theyre going to do etc.. I think it would be quite unlikely youll get clomid straight away but you never know. I think it varies between different nhs trusts around the country.
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hiii. Thanks for replying.

The appointment is just for me... It's me with the problem of PCOS....
My partner has a child from a previous relationship, so they don't deem him to have a problem.

My appointment is at Preston Royal Gynaecology. Smile

So basically just expect to talk on my first appointment?

Was kinda hoping it'd more than that.... My partner keeps saying... We've waiting 24 months, what's a few more.... I want to slap him lol xxxxx
lysianassa
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 am 
Post subject:
What generally happens is that the doctor will talk to you about all your fertility history - weight, periods, etc and then talk you through a list of side effects some of PCOS sufferers have to put up with (such as acne and rapid hair growth). Then they will send for blood tests to check hormone levels etc and may also arrange for you to have 21 day blood tests to check to see if you're actually ovulating. You may also get them to help you with the weight loss as that really does help with ovulation for many. typically its Metformin but it doesn't work for me so I go straight onto a weight loss drug called Xenical otherwise the weight would never come off!

I've done 2 of these appointments now and they don't last for long, about 1 minutes at best but they really do start the ball rolling. Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular