Etopic Pregnancy After Tubal Reversal

shellypenton
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:46 pm 
Post subject: Etopic Pregnancy After Tubal Reversal
I HAD MY TUBAL REVERSAL ON MAY 25TH 2012 AND I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT JUST LAST TUESDAY. I WAS SO EXCITED. BUT THEN ON SUNDAY THE 16TH I STARTED BLEEDING AND HAD TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND HE DIDNT SEE ANYTHING ON THE ULTRASOUND AND MY HCG LEVELS WERE 2096 AND HE DIDNT HAVE ANY OF MY OTHER LEVELS TO COMPARE TO..MONDAY I CALLED MY DR AND GOT THE LEVELS AND SHE SAID THEY DIDNT DOUBLE LIKE THEY SHOULD BUT WANTED TO DO ANOTHER LEVEL ON TUESDAY(YESTERDAY) AND MY LEVELS WERE 2433 Sad Sad I KNEW I WAS MISCARRIAGING. THE DR CALLED ME BACK AND CONFIRMED MY FEARS AND I WAS TOLD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO GET AN INJECTION OF METHATREATE. YESTERDAY WAS THE WORST DAY... NOW MY GOAL IS TO HOPEFULLY START TRYING SOON. I GO BACK TO THE DR ON MONDAY TO SEE WHAT THE NEXT STEP IS. I DID HAVE AN HSG SCHEDULE ON JULY 18TH TO SEE IF MY TUBES WERE BLOCKED SO IM THINKING I SHOULD STILL DO THAT JUST TO MAKE SURE I DONT GET A ETOPIC AGAIN... HAS ANYBODY ELSE BEEN THROUGH THIS AND WHAT WAS OUR OUTCOME.....
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Shelly as you already know.. I have, and my outcome was that although I lost a tube I got pregnant 2 more times .. I have put things on hold.. As I cant go through losing any more babies.

With tubal surgery there is an increased risk of an ectopic, as you can never get the tubes as smooth as they were previously..after one ectopic, you have a 10% chance of another ectopic. (uk stats) maybe different in the USA, as I think the treatment and diagnosing is much better. It took them 2 weeks to confirm what I already knew, had they acted faster maybe my tube could have been saved.

It would be a great idea to have an HSG.. at least you will know the condition of the tubes.. so sorry you are going through this xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular