How long after?

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:54 pm 
Post subject: How long after?
Can anyone who has suffered an ectopic pregnancy tell me how long it took you to concieve again? Thanks.

rainbow50
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:10 am 
Post subject:
Good question. This is torture..Had my ectopic and tube removal in April and starting trying again in June but no luck!! Sad
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Were either of you Ladies offered an HSG to check your other tube after your ectopic ? It might be worth asking about if you've been trying for a while with no luck Smile
Not had an ectopic myself but one of the reversal ladies (who's not on much anymore) took around 6-7 months to conceive again after hers , their is a site called The ectopic pregnancy trust where there are loads of ladies in the same position and there might be more info about average times to conceive etc. on their message boards Question
(I went on there after being told last may that if I did get pregnant it would almost 100% be an ectopic and the Ladies were very helpful ) xxx
lysianassa
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Hi Nat, no not been offered a HSG but I'm making an appointment to see GP next week so will ask about it. It would just be my sodding luck to have my last tube blocked or no good. I'll take a look at the other place you suggested as well. It's just so frustrating because it took us a year to concieve Sebastian with me having PCOS, now only having one tube it feels like I'm never going to get pregnant again Crying or Very sad

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Been 13 months since my ectopic and we still havent conceived. My remaining tube was checked 6 months after and it was blocked, but was successfully unblocked.
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:54 am 
Post subject:
This is torture. I'm having my hsg on Tuesday and I'm really worried. I'm not allowed to eat or drink from the night before eventhough I'll not be having anaesthetic!!! I wanted to take some painkillers but I'm not allowed...so scared of the pain!!!
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, I was never offered a HSG after my ectopic end of 2006 but I conceived Teagan in 2008. Ectopic was just before Christmas 2006 and I had to have surgery and then got an infection so we didn't start having sex till about the May so I'd say about 8/9 months after we started did I get caught in the Jan 2008.

Baby dust and good luck to you all xxxxxxxxxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:26 am 
Post subject:
Rainbow who told you that you can't take painkillers for the HSG ? My doc encouraged me to Question Also buscopan is good for relaxing your tubes and helping with spasms, maybe they're going to sedate you though Question some places do, but to be honest for me it wasn't particularly painful, just got sort of period type cramping for a minute when the dye went in Question and then nothing even when he upped the pressure and my tube is blocked , good luck for tomorrow xx
Lysi it could be worth finding out , as hard as it would be there are options at least if there is a problem Smile , for me it made it worse knowing i'd been trying all that time and it had been blocked and it was all just time wasted Sad , and if I'd got this referral this time last year after the HSG I could have maybe been pregnant by now Rolling Eyes Especially with you having the PCOS as well complicating things so you don't know if it's just that making it take longer Question they should agree for your peace of mind, and if not it's not too expensive to have one privately xx
rainbow50
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything from 10 the night before and when I asked about painkillers they said it wouldn't be so sore that I would need them. It is in case I have a reaction and they need to give me meds through an IV drip. I live in Japan and they just expect you to tolerate pain here. I took some painkillers anyway but by the time they took me they had worn off and I had the most awful experience Sad I hope we can conceive soon..so hard for us to go through this..
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Started ttc Dec '10...
...7mth later... BFP july '11 - Ectopic with right tube removal Sad

...3mth later...BFP Oct ' 11 - M/c Sad

Stopped TTC after that...

...started again Jan '12

BFP March' 12

So all in all it took 7mth to conceive with 2 tubes...then 2-3mth to conceive with one tube Shocked
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:57 pm 
Post subject:
hi to you all friends

its been long time since i posted on this forum.
I was a victim of ectopic pregnancy in 2004, i lost my right tube ans at that time i thought it was the end of the world. But no, a miracle did happen , in April 2008 i gave birth to a little angel . she is my precious princess and i consider her as my blessing from above.

just telling you all that you should not despair because there is light at the end of the tunnel. Smile Kiss Kiss
ella
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Thanks Elles xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
elles
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
hi

it was nice to read from you. i know how you feel because i 've been in this shoe and i know how it hurt very bad. But rest assure that i pray to for you all who dream of having a child of your own.Whenever i look at my little angel i want to cry with joy as she is so much love by me and her dad and we spoil her to the maximum.

I thought that after the ectopic it was over for everything but i was mistaken.
My little angel is the proof that miracle do happen.

so i will think of you all in my prayer

Elles
elles
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:30 am 
Post subject:
hi,
to you all
with Xmas just over i am thinking of you all my friends and just wondering if there have been any good news from you.Me i am enjoying life to the full and this Xmas my little princess definitely had the time of her life.

you are all in my prayer and and i wish you all the best for 2013. Very Happy Very Happy Cool
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
Smile no news here hunni.. same to you xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular