start ivf

AD2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:38 pm 
Post subject: start ivf
Hi all well i start my ivf today i have my first down regulation injection tonight at 7 then my first scan on the 3rd of october im just hoping its third time lucky for me x Very Happy
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:15 pm 
Post subject:
AD2

I hope it works for you. Good Luck xx

Lisa
xx
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you x
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
good luck sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Wishing you lots of luck hun xxxx Let us know how you get on Very Happy xxxx

AD2
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, yeah ill keep in touch and let you know how its going x
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck.
The down regging in the worst part, hopefully it will only take a couple of weeks for you. The headaches were the thing i dreaded the most.
How long did your last 2 cycles go for?

Julie xx
AD2
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:08 am 
Post subject:
If i remember right because they where two years ago now it was just two weeks dr then about a week and half on the stimms, i got the headaches on both my last cycles im not looking forward to that this time x
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:56 am 
Post subject: IvF
Hi all I am new to these forums. Pleased to meet you all.

I got sterilised about 10 yrs ago after two C sections.Was in an 11 yr marriage which broke down. I have since found my ultimate soulmate, who doesnt have children of his own. Here in Denmark I was advised to have IVF treatment rather than reversal, as the success rate is higher. So I have just gotten to the end of my first trial, I have had all the injections all the scans, been poked prodded. I have had 1 egg implanted last Friday. Which I am told was perfectly formed and was at that point into 4 cells. So far I have had no bleeding or spotting, but my stomache is tender and quite swollen, Im feeling sick also. But I just did a pregnancy test and it says negative, do you think I am testing too early? its only been 4 days since implant. And when I got a negative from the home test I was quite disheartened. My actually test at the hospital is on 24th October by way of Blood test. Do you think my chances are still good at this point and should I forget about home testing?

Thanks for your time, I hope to chat more with you all soon.

Regards

Riannon
Doddsy
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome Riannon
I don't know much about IVF but i would say in general it would be too soon to test. That's why they have scheduled you a test on the 24th as they will know when is best to test. Good luck hun and keep in touch xxxx
Riannon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:08 am 
Post subject: Thanks so much
Well at least I feel better now, thx for your reply. Its nice to have some other people to talk to, as my family are kinda split up since my mum died 3yrs ago.. But not having her here to help and advise is really sad. Im really glad I just found this forum.

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all, and I will keep you upto date with whats going on.

Speak to you soon

Hugs Riannon
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Riannon,

4 days is def too early to test - i know the suspense must be killing you. Smile
The clinic i used did a blood test on day 11(since egg collection - so technically day 8/9 since embryo transfer), and i tested with home tests at that time, and they were all negative, when my blood test showed that I was in fact pregnant! A home test wont work until a week or so later.

Fingers crossed for you, good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Bset wishes, Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi AD2,

how are stimms going? I see you are on day 4. Have you had a scan to see how follies are doing yet?

Good luck, Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
AD2
Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Riannon its defo to early to test yet i know how hard it is when your waiting but id say you still have a really good chance thats its worked,
Hi juliewoo im at hospital tommorow for my first scan since ive started my stimms im on a different drug this time then what i was on the other times and ive noticed im feeling alot more uncomfortable in my ovarys then before so im hoping everything is ok,
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 am 
Post subject: Thanks all for advice
Gosh now I feel silly and better at the same time, thanks all so very much for your replies I found the egg extraction very painful and uncomfortable, I was still in pain 3 days later. I had the egg implanted last Friday, and it was aparently perfectly formed. Great start. I am now taking Progestan 100mg x2 3 times per day. At the begining I felt very sick, but that seems to have eased now quite a lot. The only thing I have is a swolen stomache and its quite hard. I have no overian pain at the moment, which I hope is good. I often have a full bladder, but thats about all. So not so bad really.

Unfortunately I am a very impatient person lol. So I just need to calm down and be patient. I am so glad you all said it was too early, and that the home test can be negative yet the blood test can be possitve. I feel so much happier knowing that, thanks all for the advice, it was a really comfort. I have the pregnancy blood test, on the 24th October. The past month has been a roller coaster ride, I have had my low points and high points.

One of my high points was finding this site, and having the comfort of others to talk to. Thanks. As I dont have anyone really I can share my feelings or thoughts too.

I moved from England to Denmark in 2007, and have found the language very difficult, so making friends is a little bit of a struggle.

I am also very lucky in that, Denmark has given me free IVF treatment, as my husband, has no biological children. But I am 39 so the chances are a little lower for me.

Dear lord you have my life history nearly lol sorry.

Anyways once again I thank you dearly for your support and advice, and look forward to a continuing friendship with you all.

Hugs Riannonxx

Last edited by Riannon on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular