start ivf

Riannon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:19 am 
Post subject: Good luck Ad2
I wish you well AD2. I found the injections ok to use, but after a couple of days, I was very sore and swolen in my overies, I could feel them even by touching my tummy. This is normal and also a good sign that you are producing. I also got hot flushes and headaches, thats also normal. They need the eggs to be approxiamtely 18mm mine took a few days longer than they should. It was odd cause I went for a scan on the Friday they where at 16mm next scan was on the Monday and they where at 22mm go figure lol.

Apparently each person deals with it differently no two are the same. My advice to you is to relax lots. And you will be fine.

Anyways good luck

love Riannon
AD2
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:43 am 
Post subject:
Hi Riannon thanks for the advice this is my third ivf and this one is really different then the other two, i also have been having the bad headaches aswell but they have got better since i started my stimm injections.
I had another scan yesterday and the left side isnt growing aswell as the right so im back for another scan on monday and they think it will be egg collection on wednesday i hope it is because im getting alot of pain now in my ovarys.
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, just wanted to wish you both luck Very Happy xxxx

icicles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:51 pm 
Post subject: Re: start ivf
AD2 wrote:
Hi all well i start my ivf today i have my first down regulation injection tonight at 7 then my first scan on the 3rd of october im just hoping its third time lucky for me x Very Happy
good luck i've just had a positive test after ivf have some acupuncture it kept me stress free. good luck
Riannon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:07 am 
Post subject: Good luck
Good luck on Wednesday Ad2. I am sure it will all be fine for you. Just take plenty of rest till Wednesday. I am half way to my pregnancy test which is on Friday. I am pretty nervous. But so far I have had no problems. So I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us.

Hugs Riannonxxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:02 am 
Post subject:
Good luck on Weds Ad2.

I hope you have plenty of good quality follies. I found ER really painful, so make sure they give you good analgesia! (they only gave me temazipan 20mg - which was no way enough)

Hugs, Julie.xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
icicles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:36 pm 
Post subject: ad2 egg retrieval
good luck. i had general anasthetic so i can't share anything with you get plenty of rest for now and maybe try some relaxing music in the car fingers crossed for you xx
AD2
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi all ive got egg collection tomorow at 9.30 im not looking forward to it at all my first ivf it really hurt my second one it was fine so im hoping my third will be ok aswell.
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies. I wanted to wish you both lots of luck, I hope you get your BFP.

You might be able to give me a little advice. Sorry it is personal questions.
My DH has just had the results of his little swimmers test, and it came back abnormal. Apparently it contains Anti-sperm Antibodies which are attacking the sperm. This could be the reason why I have had 3 MC's and defo the reason we are still not PG.

We are being referred to a fertility clinic and it looks like we might have to go for IVF or ICSI, I am not sure what it all means. Can you tell me what happens at the fertility clinic from the first appointment and what the procedures involve. At the moment I just feel so stressed and confused about it all, I think having some information about what happens might help me deal with things better.

Many thanks

Lisa
xx
Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Hi i cant really remember when i first went as it was a couple of years ago but we did go to an open night so they could go through what happens when you do ivf and they do blood test when you have your first appointment. sorry if i wasnt much help as it feel like ages ago since i first went to them.
Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:35 am 
Post subject:
AD2.

How did you get on. Is everything okay?

Lisa
xx
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi AD2,

how did EC go? Shocked When are you due for ET? Hope things go well for you,

Julie xxx

AD2
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all i dont think luck has been on my side this time i went for EC and they couldnt get to my left ovary as it was behind my womb and it would of been to dangerous for me for them to try and take the eggs out so they could only do my right one so i only ended up with 5 eggs and i had double that last time, i was really fed up because my left one had to empty naturally which is such a waste of eggs, so out of that 5 only one fertilised good enough to put back so on friday i had one embryo transferred so im abit up and down at the minute so fingers crossed.
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi AD2,

Got my fingers crossed for you and ickle eggy ++++

Julie xxx

Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi ADT

Just wanted to wish all the luck in the world that this time you get the result you want.

Got everything crossed for you hun. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular