Rolling over... Stupid google worrying me

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:30 pm 
Post subject: Rolling over... Stupid google worrying me
So i thought ohhh should Isabella be rolling over by now, so i googled and its like most roll by 4 months and def 6 months. And if they dont tell your hv.

Isabella hated tummy time so im sure its effected her rolling etc but can do max 5 mins on her tummy now b4 pushing her face in the mat screaming but likes being on her back pulling her feet into her mouth!

Should i worry? Or can it just happen one day when the day before there seemed no chance?

Any advice would b great Smile x
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think you should worry. My Lo is a few days shy of six months and has only rolled right onto his tummy twice (by accident when he put his legs up and over balanced Confused ) he just doesnt like being on his tummy either and never has. I am not worried because I think if he wanted to he would be able to roll over, think he just doesnt want to. He rolls onto his sides. But he has got perfect head control, is almost sitting up, reaches for toys and can take his weight on his leg. so I feel he would have the muscle power and co-ordination to roll over if he wanted to. So I am not worried. Also my cousins Lo never rolled over or crawled/ bum shuffled and just got up one day a walked! They are all different, if you are happy with her muscle strength and all her other development I personally dont think its anything to worry about. Plus going by your ticker she is still young, by six months she might he rolling the length of the livingroom - they change so quick. xx

[/url]
Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun - yeah she is strong, good at sitting aided etc throws herself back etc

I can imagine her being difficult n doing it when she wants lol
X
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:08 am 
Post subject:
Simple hun, don't worry and stop googling!! Oli was about 8 months before he could do it properly. Issybum is absolutely fine and gorgeous, enjoy her! x

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 am 
Post subject:
I think i have an addiction sarah Smile x
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 am 
Post subject:
aw hun try not to worry, my Kieran didnt roll until 8 months, didnt sit til 10 months didnt weight bear til a year and walked at 15m! so he got there Smile he did need a little bit of physio, but he is fine Smile
if u want to ask ur HV then do so she will put ur mind at rest. but Kieran had to see many docs for various things and they told me they werent really worried about the rolling/sitting until he got to a year n if he couldnt do it then they would become concerned!
kids do things at different ages,,really do do it in their own time, my 1st rolled over at 3 months was sitting up by 41/2 months was crawling at 5 months and walking by 9 months!!
my second was quite text book(ish) she rolled over and sat about 5 months crawled at 7 months and walked at 11m...which was y i was so worried about Kieran when at 6 months he couldnt do anything..could barely hold his own head up! but yeh from having him i have definitely learned that they get there when they are ready!
as for tummy time, roll up a towel and place it under her chest, so that her faceisnt flat to the floor, it will help build arm, neck and back muscles Smile (one of the things i had to do with KIeran for Physio Smile ) xXx
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am 
Post subject:
George has rolled a few times over the last week from front to back and only once from back to front but his bedroom floor slopes so not sure if it was an accident! He seems to prefer being sat up to lying on back or front.
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you girls! Its ridiculous the things i worry about, ill ask hv in a few weeks if still nothing but keep at the tummy time n rolling her over myself for now lol x
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:04 am 
Post subject:
Jamie rarely spent any time on his tummy and then suddenly rolled. Can't remember when but think it was around the four month mark. However, he hardly ever did it until he was much older. My friend's baby still wasn't rolling at 8 months and I can't remember when she started. They're all different and it makes no difference in the long run

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:03 am 
Post subject:
My lo is 10 months old (and was 5 weeks prem), and she doesnt roll - if you put her on tummy which she absolutely hates tshe rolls onto back, but that's it. She doesnt crawl either, she just leans as far forward as she can and then it's like she doesn't know what to do!! It is worrying, especially when googling/comparing to others, particularly at baby groups where it can get a bit competitive!!

Hope that's made you feel a bit better Very Happy I've come to the opinion that lo will just do it in her own time.... Well I'm hoping so, I can't be carrying her around forever, she's too heavy Very Happy
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
Haha i can imagine issy laying there when shes 18 lol
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:51 am 
Post subject:
my son didnt learn to roll over til he was 11 months , but could sit perfectly at 4 months , dint crawl til he was a year and walked at 16 months, he is now nearly 3 and you wouldnt know he was late starter as there is no stopping him, he just done it all in his own time Smile xx
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Emzy, reading your post has made ME feel better. Everywhere I go people say "oh isn't she rolling/isn't she crawling/isn't she trying to stand up. You get to a point where you start thinking something is seriously wrong! So it's reassuring when you read about other mums experiences xx
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Yep i agree - its stupid pressure from books etc - as long as they are happy n can tackle things they need to whats 3-4 months x
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
Was thinking about this post as George now rolls from front to back and cannot get him to spend any time on his tummy!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular