Nighttime wakeups at 10 weeks

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:30 pm 
Post subject: Nighttime wakeups at 10 weeks
Just wondering what everyone else's LOs were doing around 10 weeks? And how their LOs nighttime wakeup schedules went?
At first Samuel fed at 11pm, 1am, 4am and 7am... then at 6 weeks we started putting him to bed at 7pm.
Now at 10 weeks he will often sleep through from 7pm to 3am... unless we wake him at 11pmish when we go to bed (we try not to but sometimes we wake him accidentally and he wants a feed then) but then he'll wake again at 5am and at 7am... so it almost feels like we've not really made any progress - he's still up twice in the early hours for feeding. And I don't understand why he can go from 7pm through to 3am but then need to feed every two hours from then on?! One theory I have is that he doesn't sleep so soundly after 5am because it is too light - so I have bought a blackout blind... but anyone got any other theories?
How and when did you get your LOs sleeping through?
I know he's still very little and 10 weeks isn't old at all and I can't expect him to sleep through just yet - but it would be nice to to know that his sleeping pattern will get better soon! Smile x

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:10 am 
Post subject:
George is still not settle. So many different things can make a difference to their nights sleep. Perhaps that first sleep is a deep sleep as he's tired and then he is more easily disturbed. the light doesn't seem to make much difference to George as long as it's reasonably dark he's OK. I think this is better as will make it easier if we go away.

I get tired now if George wakes up twice as opposed to once, forgot it used to be every 2 - 3hours.
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
josh is eight weeks. He goes to sleep about 7 (if we are lucky!) and sleeps about four hours, then he wakes again 2-3 hrs later, then 1-2 hours after that! so sounds similar to u guys, just the first sleep for u guys is longer.

With sophia, i think she started doing 6 hrs more or less straight away then increased to eight at about three months and sleeping through from about eight months i think.

MAndy xx
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Another thing though, do you feed both sides each feed? You rpobs do, but if not, try offering him both sides at the 3am feed and see if that helps him go through longer?

MAndy xx
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Aw - thanks Mandy - nice to know Josh is the same! Smile
I don't offer both sides but that is because he falls asleep and won't be woken again after the one side - I've tried! He just snores on my boob!
Smile
So long as it is quite normal for this long stretch to be followed by shorter ones then that is fine...
x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
once i got sam into a feeding routine (which was on formula) she would feed at 8 then go to sleep around, then 11, 2, 5 and then wake for the day at 8.

first she dropped the 11 feed, then the 5am feed, and then one night she woke for her 2am feed and i put her in bed with me whilst i warmed the bottle and the next thing it was 7am! that was her sleeping through then at 10 weeks. i started her on formula from 4 weeks, so it took 6 weeks for her to drop her night feeds.

like you i used to wonder why she would go from 8-2, but then want feeding again at 5, and the only thing i could think was she was hungrier from going longer, but the 2am feed wasnt filling her up enough.

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:40 am 
Post subject:
Erm Jamie was still waking up every couple of hours at 11 months. At 10 weeks I was lucky if he slept at all and he certainly never went more than two hours at the most and generally less than that

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 am 
Post subject:
my 9 week old now sleeps from last feed 9.30 till 5am
from birth he woke up at 1am and 4am only this past week has he been going longer.
he only feeds on the breast for around 8 mins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular