February 2013 Birth Club

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:52 am 
Post subject:
Know exactly how you feel Jay. I had 2 mc before I had my little boy and Im still petrified its going to happen again. I've got another 3 days till my scan and Im totally pooping myself. I've been getting a few pains and everytime Im paranoid its the worst!

I have actually got a few symptoms now. Been feeling a bit sick in the mornings and my boobs are tender.

Think DH is a bit off cause he is on a ban from BD'ing until 12 weeks just to make sure everything is ok.

Jay100
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Glad I'm not the only one, I feel a bit guilty feeling down as I know I'm lucky to be pregnant!
I just sick with worry! Any tips on ways to not think about it!? LOL
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
I try to busy myself in the day so I dont think about it. Every now and again I remember and I get like butterflies in my tummy. Whether thats from nerves or excitement I dont know.

I just want to fast forward until I get to 12 weeks!

Jay100
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, sorry to bombard you with questions but I just have another quick one!

I'm a bit confused....I had an appointment with my doctor this morning, to confirm my pregnancy and get me onto the system for the midwife appointment.

He weighed me, took my blood pressure and put me into the system and that was it.....?
He didn't take any blood samples or do a pregnancy test. He told me I would have my first appointment with a midwife when I was 11-12 weeks pregnant where they would take blood samples and then after that my next appointment with them would be at 21 weeks to have my first scan!

Does this seem odd to anyone else? This is my first so I'm not sure of the correct way of doing things but 21 weeks for a first scan seems really late on.

I'm confused and came out feeling a bit down about things....Sad
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 am 
Post subject:
What the doctor did was normal, however NHS guidelines state you should see your midwife for a booking in appointment around 8 weeks. If I was you I would phone your surgery and ask for a booking in appointment with the midwife.

At your booking in appointment they will take bloods, fill out your referral form to the hospital so you can get a 12 week dating scan. Its then that you also get you pregnancy notes in a blue folder.

Maybe your doctor doesnt understand what happens with a pregnant patient because they dont have much to do with pregnant women anymore.

Let us know how you get on x

Jay100
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 am 
Post subject:
Thank you Racheyn!

It all made me a bit nervous to be honest I know in the early weeks theres not much they can do but 21 weeks for a first scan seemed a bit odd to me LOL.
I'll phone the surgery and see what they say!x
hushhush
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi jay100 I had an appointment with a midwife yesterday and although it was a bit early to do my booking appointment (I'm only 5 1/2 weeks but needed a prescription as I conceived from an ivf cycle) she did start some of the referral forms and took blood pressure, she went through some basic info and explained that after my early pregnancy scan at 7 weeks with my ivf clinic if I let her know all is ok (fingers crossed it is) then she will send off my referrals and I can go back to finish my booking appointment . She then explained that after my booking appointment I will have a dating scan at approx 12 weeks, an appointment with midwife at 16 weeks another scan at 20 weeks and then by that point I'll be seeing the midwife every 3 weeks up until 34 weeks then every 2 weeks until giving birth ( I think that's about right it was a lot of info) hope this is helpful Smile

Don't know about you I'm terrified with every pain that something is wrong it's hard not to drive myself crazy as I'm so scared of miscarrying x
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
thank you so much hushhush, I think I need to call my surgery and see if I was told the right information.

I'm petrified! LOL. I'm trying not to think about it but its hard!
Fingers crossed for us both Smile x
yllop
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, congratulations to everyone, hope you all are doing ok.. ive been suffering with tiredness and feeling sick for about a week, its just such hard work getting out of bed, going to work, looking after the kids.. also feeling abit low bit im thinking this is just my hormones. Rolling Eyes

Jem1983
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Well after moaning last week that I didn't have any symptoms, they hit with a vengence on Sunday. Keep feeling sick, in fact the only time I don't feel sick is when I'm eating, and I'm soooo tired!

Just want this horrid stage to end, so that I feel normal again!!!

I'll be 10 weeks at my booking in appointment. I'm thinking of booking a private scan around the same time. We had one with our first and it was such a lovely experience.

Jem x
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
yllop wrote:
Hi everyone, congratulations to everyone, hope you all are doing ok.. ive been suffering with tiredness and feeling sick for about a week, its just such hard work getting out of bed, going to work, looking after the kids.. also feeling abit low bit im thinking this is just my hormones. Rolling Eyes

Yllop, I also feel a bit low. Feel really guilty about being miserable as I know I'm lucky, but I just feel so rubbish and am struggling to get through the day. I'm working almost full time and feel like sitting at my desk and crying cos I feel so awful and tired!!

xx
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, update after my appointment with my doctor.

I got a letter yesterday about a booking in appointment with the midwife which is the 16th July and it also said in the letter that they would then book me in for a scan between 11 and 13 weeks. Very happy about that as it all sounds about right.

Unfortunately when I got into work this morning to ask for an hour off for the appointment (I said I'd work through my lunch) I've been asked by my boss to change my appointment as 'apparently' there's no one to cover me.
I'm not very happy about having to change it, my OH was wondering if they knew that I was pregnant that they would have to let me go, but I don't know if this is the case plus I don't really want to tell them this early!
One thing after another! LOL x
yllop
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
This must be the worst stage of pregnancy, don't get me wrong im over the moon and very happy and lucky to be pregnant, but when you feel so rubbish from the minute you get up till when you go to bed, its hard and its really getting me down.. I just really hope it don't last for to long..
On the plus side this week im getting to mw for booking appointment on wednesday Smile Hope everyone is have a good weekend.
xx

Summer7
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
How is everyone feeling and what symptoms you been getting? I am about 6 weeks gone and this week have been getting aches in my belly which I guess is the stretching and everything changing inside, apart from that I haven't felt any different....not sure if that is a good or bad thing though! xxx
tinker28
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls hope your all doing ok. i just dont know whats up with me at the min. i feel so low and sceard. i have a baby girl she is 17 months old it took us 6 years with 2 mc to get faith. i love been a mummy. so me and oh said we will try again. this time it only took us less then a month to get preg. i am over the moon but somthing is makng me feel like i cant enjoy this pregnancy. i am feeling very sick and sleepy all the time i know its going to be hard with a 17 month old. not only that i just cant get it in my head i am having a baby again. just feel like crying all the time. i should be happy. i have got my scan at 8.30 in the moring maybe it will hit home when i see a baby maybe? i have a lot of really good firends all ttc for babies some having to need ivf. i am worring about telling them. i know what its like really wanting a baby then your friends tell you there pregnant. its so up setting but your trying to be happy for them at the same time. maybe its just me feeling low i am sure it will pass soon. anyway hope everyone is doing good xxxx
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to:  

Community

Popular