Carpal Tunnel :(

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:55 am 
Post subject: Carpal Tunnel :(
I am 23 weeks and have bee getting numbness in my hands for a few weeks now. I have been reassured that it is just carpal tunnel - nothing to worry about.

I tried ringing the physiotherapist last week (but havent had a reply)because it is just getting so much worse. Instead of numbness when I wake up - it never seems to go (especially from my fingertips) and it is now waking me up at night because it aches so much!

Is there anything I can do - should I go to MW for a checkup?

GRRRRRRRRR - It is driving me insain!! Mad
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Was the physio referred to you by the GP? I would go back to your GP again.

I'm not too clued up on carpel tunnel caused by pregnancy but I had a friend with it once who was given a wrist support which seemed to help. Have you maybe tried those 'sport' supports for now?

Defo go back to your gp though Smile
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
Is that what it is??? i never had it before, but i'm getting the same kinda thing as you described obv nothing along your extent but i'm only 13 weeks. It's only painful when the numbness dies down but i also get pins and needles. I did ask the mw about it at my booking and she said it could be a slight trapped nerve somewhere or maybe the fact that the baby/sac is pushing against a nerve as i only seem to get it in my left hand.
It could just be that but if it's worrying you or giving you that much jip then i agree with Zeeb go back and have it looked at. xx

*Our beautiful twins are safe in heaven*
NewMrsC
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:28 am 
Post subject:
I had really bad Carpol tunnel with my first pregnancy the pins and needles got so bad my hands felt like they were burning Sad wrist supports do help a little. I also had scatica and SPD so i was in a right sorry state but the good news it as soon as the baby is born it all just disapears hun. Best of luck.x.
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, i had exactly the same, the pain, numbness, pins and needles. i used to put my hand up against the wall so the cold would ease the pins and needles. i wore a hand brace from our local chemist, it helped. went away when baby was born.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular