20 week scan - wow!!

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:50 am 
Post subject: 20 week scan - wow!!
I had my 20 weeks scan on Friday, it was amazing, couldn't believe the detail. Could see the 4 chambers of the heart, and everything. Sorry, just had to gush to someone, hubby and I were just in shock and quite teary about how fantastic it was. And before everyone asks, no we didn't find out the gender!

So relieved everything is ok with our little sprogbump.

Hope everyone else ok.

LD
gingin
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:43 am 
Post subject:
my goodness so exciting - cant believe you see all that - have to wait another 4 weeks for ours but we have a scan today for the downs thing - NUPP scan ???
congrats it must be such a relief to see all is well though
g
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, Im glad everthings going so well.

Ive got a month until my next scan (10th march). I cant wait, i didnt get alot of time to look at my first scan it was like 5 mins. Cant beleive you saw the heart like that. Im well excited now xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Oooooooh how exciting, my 20wk is on 28th Feb and I can't wait to see what it looks likes now!!!! How amazing to see all that detail! I have booked a 3d scan for May which I am very excited about too as is my mum who is going to come with us. Back when she was pregnant with me they didn't have scans so it's more of a novelty! xxxxx
kailadoug
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
wow that must have been amazing! im going for a 12 week scan on friday to make sure all is well and good, im so excited i keep checking on here every day to see how big its getting so when i see my own for the first time ill probably cry lol
DaisyElla
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
im soooo excited for mine...

got it next month...

not sure what to expect though....x
Dan1910
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:43 pm 
Post subject: 20wk scan
My partner and i have our 20wk scan in 3wks, she is very scared but an excitment scared as to how much detail you see in this scan....

All our other scans have been fine and when we have been for check ups the baby is very active as they strughle to find the heartbeat once they do the baby moves......... Smile all good mind.

Did anyone else feel scared is this normal?
morwen
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
From what I've gathered (and experienced), being scared is quite normal! I felt a lot better after 12 weeks and hearing the heartbeat, but the nervousness never really goes away unfortunately.

My 20 week scan is actually booked for 22 weeks; I've got to wait until April 21st. It seems like such a long time away!
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 am 
Post subject:
I think the 12 wks scan make you relax that the risk factor drops whenyou have this scan and check up.... we were dilighted....

I think it must be natural for the mother to worry while carrying the baby so i guess she should just relax and enjoy the pregnancy...

Our 20 week scan is actually booked when my partner is 21wks on the 7th April seems like ages away... but that will soon be here.

Do you know how much detail you see in this scan..?? We had an ultra sound at 13wks as my partner had some slight bleeding and that was amazing then......
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:34 am 
Post subject:
The 20 week scan is amazing, but takes sooo much longer than the first one, as they literally measure and check everything!! I saw close ups of my babys face, and feet, and heartbeat etc etc, its amazing! Make sure that you tell them if you dont want to know the sex, incase they say it by accident LOL!

The picture we got was unbelievable, so clear, and our baby seems to have really long legs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular