March 2013 Birth Club

klam
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Great news Sam, fingers crossed everything will be fine all a worry over nothing.

I've just got 2 weeks left at work, can't wait to finish but definitely making it all feel a bit real that I'm going to have 2 children to look after!! Not quite sure how their routines are going to fit together but I guess I'll just have to see how it goes!!

Luckily I've been ok sleeping this time, just the inevitable trips to the loo in the night. Maybe something to do with being totally exhausted but somehow my back doesn't seem to be as bad this time around but total sympathy for those finding it uncomfy- first time I couldn't find any comfortable positions at all!

Picked up my Moses basket from my sister in law today (we just have a family one that we all share) - needs a good clean but another thing checked off the list!

Hope everyone else is getting on ok.

Kathryn
XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies How u all feeling??

Had the last lot of results today and they are also fine Very Happy had to reschedule my scan due to the amount of snow we've had over the last week and partner didn't wanna risk driving because the roads have been terrible so will have my scan next week instead, cant wait to see him again

Very Happy and getting even more excited that i have only got 9 weeks left, even though the thought of definatly having 2 children in 11 weeks is now terrifying me lol.

i'm still so uncomfortable got to the point of thinking if i drop something thinking i do really need to pick that up or i just shout the other half to do it Laughing because it hurts to bend over now, i feel like i pee constantly especially at night and find it so hard to get comfy n fall asleep. i have daily heartburn n sciatica but its all worth it in the end.

Sam
xxx

amyxpearce
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
Aw Sam thats great news about the tests!! So is the scan just to check on how baby is growing?? You must be so happy all the results have come back negative.

Not long for us to go now. I'm also having problems sleeping at night. My hip is agony! I think a lot of pregnant women suffer with this!

I've been so poorly this week. Think i've had the flu or just a really really bad chesty cough/cold. I ended up in A+E the other night with a tight chest but i'm slowly recovering now thankfully. The scary part was I had decreased fetal movement during the time I was really poorly. I'm hoping it's just because my body didn't have any energy to give her. I have a scan on tuesday to check every things ok with her.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm kind of in count down mode now. It's my lil girls 2nd birthday beginning of feb and then after that I only have 4 weeks till due date!! Exciting. I can't wait.

Amy x
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 am 
Post subject:
Hope you start feeling better soon and the scan goes well. its the worst when your poorly and and pregnant.

Feels like a massive weight has been lifted to finally have some sort of answers after weeks of worry. yeah the scan is a growth scan been having them every 4 weeks. hes growing but just following his own line below the 3rd centile.
just keep wondering on how small hes actually going to be, My 1st son seemed so tiny when he was born and he was growing fine, he was 6lbs 11 and half oz and was 51cm and was 9 days late. newborn clothes were to big for him so we've stocked up on plenty on tiny baby this time round.

This pregnancy has flown by for me and i just cant wait to have cuddles with both my boys,
Ive been noticing recently after talking to my son about his brother although he talks about him and seems very excited to being a big brother and wants to help ( although he's told us hes not changing any nappies : ) )he's becoming very clingy with me shortly after. i understand its going to be a massive change for him 4 years of mummy and daddy by himself. which is why were trying to involve him when we talk about baby so he can get used to it and understand.

Has anyone else's children been the same.??

Sam
xxx

amyxpearce
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
I just had one incident with my little girl. There were some teddies in the new cot thats been put up for baby and I said there "C's" teddies, and Annie said....'Annie's teddies as though she felt quite possessive over them ha. it is going to be such a big adjustment for them. My mum says my brother was a nightmare when I came along. He was so jealous and really hated me ha. He was only 2 years older than me as well. I really hope Annie adjusts ok. I think it's just important to include them in everything!! Like bathing, clothing and nappies, and letting them have their own cuddles with the baby.

When is everyones due date? Mines the 14th March. I'm so excited. Just want her here now! x
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 am 
Post subject:
Seems like time is flying by, its my first day of mat leave today and not quite sure what to do with myself! Official due date is 28th feb but I'm sure ill be a march mummy as I was 4 days late with Emily.

Not really had any problems with clingy ness yet but we are going through a phase where all she seems to talk about is babies and loves to hug my belly and talk to baby all the time. I'm not sure how she isn't bored of waiting yet as we seem to have been having the same conversations about baby coming for months now but I'm just hoping she won't be too disappointed when it comes and she realises babies don't do much to start off with!

Not really got anything organised yet- brought down all our old baby things from the loft but so far everything is just sitting in boxes so I really need to get looking through it all and figure out what I need to get. I'm sure at this point last time around I had my hospital bag packed an everything but just not at all organised so far and keep thinking its ages away yet, although technically baby could come at any time now!!!

Hope everyone else is getting on ok, when does everyone else stop work?

Kathryn
amyxpearce
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
I finished work on the 18th of December. Because I had pre eclampsia last time I wanted to take it really steady this time!
I feel so ready for baby to arrive now. I have 5.5 weeks left till due date and I feel so fed up ha. Counting down the days!!!! Hope you're all doing well x
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Kathryn I've just seen your message on that post about what you wont miss when you're not pregnant. Just wanted to say I feel exactly the same about my daughter. I feel like such a rubbish mum at the moment. I've never felt like this before. But I've not been able to take her out many places at all recently because I've been poorly and then when we are at home I have no energy to do anything :/ I just want to sit on the sofa all day.
And my patients isn't as good as it usually is Sad I usually have so much patients with her. I can not wait for this baby to arrive so we can start doing fun things again x
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Amy, it's really hard when you feel you're letting them down, especially when I know it's going to be hard on her when the new baby arrives and she has to share me which she has never had to do before. She's watched more tv in the last couple of weeks than I would normally allow and I feel terrible asking her to pick things up off the floor for me cos its so hard for me to bend down now!!

Anyway, only a few weeks to go now and it'll be all worth it in the end, she'll be a great big sister and I'm sure ill look back on these weeks and wonder what on earth I was worrying about. She's loving having me around a lot more and it's great to be able to spend more time with her even if it is from the sofa!

Otherwise things are going ok, just the usual end of pregnancy grumbles, nearly got everything ready for the baby, just washing the last few things and making sure I've got everything. Back to see the midwife tomorrow, I'd love them to say I might go early but trying to be realistic and not focus on my due date too much.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok, things have been a bit quiet on here lately!!

Kathryn xx
amyxpearce
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sure it's written on here somewhere but I'm just been lazy. When is everyones due date? Is anyone due beginning on March. Not long left for those of you who are. I'm 14th of March...so 3 weeks and 3 days left until due date! I'm not sure whether they might end up inducing me yet as i seem to be having sighs of pre-eclampsia again. Just taking it a day at a time at the moment and hoping everything runs smoothly.
Hope you're all alright and ready for the new arrival!! Not long now. I can't wait to sleep on my tummy again!! Woowhoooo x
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
I was brought forward a few days at my 12 week scan so technically due on 28th feb which is a week tomorrow!! Would love to go early but realistically likely to be late although hopefully not too late. I was 4 days overdue with Emily so kind of got in my head that I won't go any longer than that!

Hope your pre-eclampsia settles Amy- did you get induced early last time?

Kathryn x
amyxpearce
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
I got induced day before my due date with DD. I get the feeling they might induce me a bit earlier this time. Think they left it a bit late first time round. Would be great if they did it before i get worse but I know what there like so i'm not expecting anything too soon. They'll probably wait until i'm on deaths door again and then consider induction ha. I'm going to see mw on fri, she said she'll probably send me for bloods doing fri after i've seen her and then I see consultant tue so I'll probably have a better idea of what their thinking after tue.

It's so exciting you're so close to your due date!! I'm excited at being 37 weeks tomorrow! They say baby can come any time after that but I know the likely hood is really slim Sad

Hope baby comes soon for you Kathryn! Not long to go now x
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
So fed up today - 5 days till due date and not a hint of a baby Sad not sleeping any more as I'm too uncomfy, saw midwife on thurs who said head was still high and baby not in good position for labour so doesn't look like this baby will be coming anytime soon. Husband is off out to an extra job today - it's great money so he has to go but was looking forward to a bit of company and a hand with Emily today but no such luck.

Trying to keep positive but these last few days are really trying my patience. I've got an appointment with my consultant on Friday so if no baby by then I should get a sweep and a date for induction but somehow Friday seems so far away!!

How's everyone else feeling today?
amyxpearce
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
Kathryn why are you under a consultant again? Will the induction be incase you go 2 weeks over or for before that?

I'm seeing my consultant on tue and Im really hoping he plans an earlier induction but I'm sure he won't ha! Wishful thinking.

It's soooo hard towards the end! I know we sound like miserable pregnant women but the last month really is a slog! It's like the last few miles of a marathon! We're nearly there now. You're even closer than me. Sure you'll have your baby here before you know it an this will all seem like a distant memory. Just try keep your mind busy on other things to stop time going by so slow x
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
I'm only under a consultant because the midwives in my area don't do sweeps in the community so I have to go up to the clinic for it. They usually give a date for induction about 12 days after due date so not really expecting anything sooner than that.

Guess this baby is just going to come when it's ready! I'm so bad at being pregnant, especially at the end I'm just way too impatient!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to:  

Community

Popular