March 2013 Birth Club

XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 am 
Post subject:
Just wanted to say Happy Mothers Day to you all..

My son came running into the bedroom this morning with a bunch of flowers shouting 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' Laughing i just couldn't stop laughing other half had told him just before to say mothers day but bless him thought he'd wish me happy birthday (3 n half weeks early).

Amy - How you feeling?? not long for you now.

NewMrsC - How frustrating every 15mins, iv noticed an increase in BH recently but nothing like that. i completely understand how your feeling i want him here now as im so uncomfortable and im excited to meet him but at the same time i scared at the thought of labour and having 2 precious children to rely on me although deep down i know i'm being silly and i can do this.

Sam
xxx

amyxpearce
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
Wow every 15 minutes for over a week. That must be so frustrating. I'm having really really mild tightenings but I know that doesn't mean she's coming any times soon. Think I'm having a sweep on Tuesday at my consultant appointment then I see the mw on fri so I'll ask if she'll do me another one if first one doesn't work. It's my due date on thurs. Really would LOVE for her to come without me having to have a sweep because it was so painful with my DD Sad I'm more worried about the pain from the sweep than actual labour!

We're having a bit of a stressful time with out daughter at the moment. She's been referred to physio. HV thinks she's got hip dysplasia which should have been picked up as a little baby. If she has it now it will mean a big operation and full leg casts for about 3 months :/ Trying to not let it spoil what should be a really exciting time of new baby arriving but it's definitely taking over my mind. Fingers crossed she'll be ok but it seems pretty obvious to me that somethings wrong x
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Ladies, How are you??

amyxpearce - any signs of baby yet?? Hoping everything will be alright with your little girl too xx

NewMrsC - How you feeling about your Induction tomorrow??? xx

I'm being induced on my due date (25/3/13) at 8am as they are not wanting me to go over due to him being small so hopefully if all goes well ill have my little boy here next Monday if not i'm sure he should defiantly be here by next Wednesday at the latest Smile They tried to do a sweep for me on Friday but cervix is just not ready yet Sad i have to go over Wednesday and Friday to be monitored and they said they might try another sweep then hoping i would at least progressed a little bit by my induction.

i did want this to happen naturally this time (which could still happen i suppose) but part of me is glad i'm being induced as i have experienced it before. am hoping it will be as quick and uncomplicated like last time but obviously there's no way of knowing whats going to happen i just cant wait to hold my baby boy Smile

Sam
xxx

amyxpearce
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hey! No sign of baby for me yet! Tomorrow I'll be 4 days over!
I had a sweep on fri but she couldn't stretch me as I was only 1cm dilated. But since the sweep I've been loosing my mucus plug. I know that can sometimes go on for weeks though so I'm trying not to get excited. I've also been having mild contractions on and off but nothing seems to be happening. Every night I'm going t bed hoping to wake up in pain ha! I didn't experience any of this with my little girl as I was induced before my due date so its a whole new experience. Still finding it exciting waiting though. Think I'm getting another sweep on tue... Hoping she comes tomorrow though so I don't need to have it!

Hope everyone else is ok x
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 am 
Post subject:
Good luck everyone, can't believe there are no other march babies yet- cone on out babies and meet your mummy's!!

We're doing ok, Sophie is 2 weeks old today - cant believe in saying that already!! This is my first week with the girls alone as daddy is back to work today eek!!!

Anyway just wanted to wish everyone good luck and can't wait to see who's next to hold their little bundle if joy Smile
Kathryn xx
amyxpearce
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:50 am 
Post subject:
Kathryn you'll have to let us know how it goes with the 2 kiddies by yourself! I'm a bit nervous about when my hubby goes back to work. Especially as he won't b having long off with being self employed. Although I do have my Mum who will help if needed.

Well i thought it was happening last night. Woke up at 2.30 with regular cramps coming and going but they were more like period pains. I've been having them on and off today as well so in still hoping something might happen overt next few day but we'll see! 2nd sweep tomorrow. Still losing my mucus plug! Can't believe how much of it there is x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
wow we really have no more March babies yet, looks like we might get a few easter surprises Smile

I'm having my section on 28th - terrified.com, so didn't want it that date as thats our wedding date next year Embarassed mind you OH should never forget lol. I'm sooooooooooooo uncomfortable now, I have SPD, elephant feet and legs and of course way way tooo much fluid and have to call an ambulance if I go into labour naturally Shocked

How are all you ladies doing?

klam
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
Amy- any sign of baby yet? Anyone else?

Well I've survived my first week with 2 children on my own! Wasn't half as hard as I thought it would be. Helps that Sophie is such an easy baby- she really does just eat and sleep, Emily was never like that! Her big sister just wants to look after her all the time which is really cute although a bit annoying at times but I'm trying to just go with it as I don't want to get annoyed with her for loving her sister!

How's everyone doing? The last few days and weeks are so hard- I feel for you all that are still pregnant, it's such hard work at this stage.

Hope to hear about more babies soon....

Kathryn
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
klam wrote:
Amy- any sign of baby yet? Anyone else?

Well I've survived my first week with 2 children on my own! Wasn't half as hard as I thought it would be. Helps that Sophie is such an easy baby- she really does just eat and sleep, Emily was never like that! Her big sister just wants to look after her all the time which is really cute although a bit annoying at times but I'm trying to just go with it as I don't want to get annoyed with her for loving her sister!

How's everyone doing? The last few days and weeks are so hard- I feel for you all that are still pregnant, it's such hard work at this stage.

Hope to hear about more babies soon....

Kathryn

Well done surviving first 2 weeks, thats surely the hardest bit Smile

I had mw appt today, still way way too big, she is estimating a 10lber and reassuring told me my feet and legs swelling is one of the worse she's seen for ages - great NOT. Still not long now counting down the days Smile

XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

well so much for being induced on my due date on Monday, my little boy had other plans i gave birth to him early hours Thursday morning after a very quick labour he's just so perfect.

i woke up to pains at 1am Thursday went to the loo and seen id had a show then my waters went, contractions where coming every 2-4mins so rang the labour ward at 2.20Am was told to go in - got to the hospital at half 3 got checked at 4.15am and was 8cm walked round to the delivery room and i needed to push and Lucas Daniel Kelly was born at 4.26am weighing 5lbs 12oz. he is just so tiny and perfect and the double of his brother - couldnt be more happier right now : )

After all the worries we've had this pregnancy he is ok, and hes such a good baby, his new big brother is smitten with him and couldnt be more helpful - feel so blessed to have 2 amazing children Smile

Hope everyone is doing ok and have had their beautiful March babies by now

Sam
xxx

amyxpearce
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
I never got notifications to say messages had been put o the board!!

Aw congratulations Sam. So happy to hear Lucas is well and healthy!

Well my due date was 14th but my little one went 8 days over! I'd been having irregular contractions for a couple of days before I went into proper labour but I wasn't sure if they were Braxton hicks or if it was the real thing starting up. I had a sweep on the fri morning then fri even the irregular contractions started getting regular. I phoned triage and went to get checked at 09.30. I was 4cm dilated so I went round to labour ward. Spend a couple of hours breathing through contractions in room then went for a water birth. Waters went when I got in the pool.. I needed gas and air at this point then 10 mins later needed to push! Connie Beatrice was born at 1.51 on the 23.03.2013! Weighing 8lb8. She's gorgeous but not a fan of sleeping in her Moses basket at night so I'm feeling a bit sleep deprived at the moment. Annie loves her baby sister so much and she's adjusting so well to the new arrival.

Trace not long till your CSection now! Very exciting Very Happy hope it all goes well for you. Hope your SPD isn't causing you too much trouble. I can imagine its awful. I got hip pain at night time when pregnant and that was bad enough. Can't imagine what its like having it all day x
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
So exciting - 2 more march babies! How's everyone getting on? Trace not long to go now- just 2 more days, I bet you can't wait.

Sophie got weighed today - she's up to 9lb 3oz already at 3 weeks old! Can't believe how much weigh she is piling on- her far is totally filling out already and she's starting to get strong with her head. It's really going past so quickly, I feel like my newborn is growing up already!

Hope the other babies are behaving themselves!
Kathryn
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
klam wrote:
So exciting - 2 more march babies! How's everyone getting on? Trace not long to go now- just 2 more days, I bet you can't wait.

Sophie got weighed today - she's up to 9lb 3oz already at 3 weeks old! Can't believe how much weigh she is piling on- her far is totally filling out already and she's starting to get strong with her head. It's really going past so quickly, I feel like my newborn is growing up already!

Hope the other babies are behaving themselves!
Kathryn

Thanks Kam, got there Smile Story up in birth announcements. Found out today Tom has tongue tie, hence why his feeding is so poor Sad

Good luck ladies, March been and gone if your still holding on lol

klam
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 am 
Post subject:
How is everyone getting on? Sophie is now 5 weeks old which seems quite surreal and doesn't look like a newborn any more as she is fair putting on the weight- up to 10lbs 8oz yesterday!!

Anyone managing to get some sleep? This seems to be the biggest problem in our house at the moment. Our night time feeds are all over the place. She goes to bed around 7.30/ 8pm every night but its anyone's guess when she'll be up next. Some nights she can sleep through till 3am which is great an then the next night she's up at 11pm for a feed. It's so frustrating cos I feel we have no consistency with what to expect. I know she's only young still but 3 feeds a night still feels like a lot and its the jumping all over the place Im so confused with. Anyone else got this problem?

I know I shouldn't moan cos she's healthy and happy but last night she was up 3 times and Emily was up twice so I'm completely knackered today and the most annoying part is knowing that she can go longer and I can't figure out what makes that happen some nights and not others.

Anyway - time for another cup of coffee before she wakes up from her nap. Hope all the other babies out there are behaving for you all!!

Kathryn xx
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Awwww I can empathise with you, it is unfortunate that your lo not in a routine yet, does it make a difference how much milk she gets in the daytime? we mark down all the feeds and the amounts so its easy to see patterns.

Tom is only 2 weeks old tomorrow Embarassed and still having difficulty feeding although it is now going upwards, yesterday he had the most amount of milk in 24 hrs (19oz) so he is getting there slowly. I hoping his appointment for this tongue tie comes through very soon as I'm sure that will help. His janudice has almost gone (despite having to spend the dsay in hosp yesterday because of it).

We not really in any routine yet as in general he is feeding every hour to 1.5 hrs (even through the night), imagine how tired I feel Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to:  

Community

Popular