March 2013 Birth Club

amyxpearce
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Kathryn any signs yet?? It's your due date tomorrow! Exciting.

Have you been having many pains or braxton hicks or anything?
I've been having a few pains on and off for a week or so now. Mw said it might be baby getting ready. But she might be getting ready for a long time! x
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies, how u doing?? were getting so close now Smile

well i lost my mucas plug lastnight no blood just clear and i had my last scan today when i mentioned to her she said he could be here within 2weeks how she could possibly know that i have no idea but my original due date was the 12/3/13 but was put back now im thinking could they have got my dates wrong especially because my little man has been measuring small the whole time, i never noticed my plug with my 1st and i was induced so cant even compare. when did u notice your plug and how long did it take for labour to start??

Sam
xxx

klam
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:
Sam that's exciting news- any baby yet? My plug only went after my sweep last time so don't know if that counts? Nothing for me Sad due date has arrived but not a hint of a baby so looks like I'll be a march mummy after all. I've had a lot of braxton hicks throughout and more so this week, I was even up for 2 hrs sun and mon nights with fairly strong regular ones but they came to nothing.

I'm off to the hospital tomorrow for a sweep so really hoping that kicks things off. When I was pregnant the last time it kick started things and within 48hrs I had her so really hoping the same thing happens this time. I'll be totally gutted if it doesn't!

Just going to try and keep myself busy today and see what tomorrow brings.

How's everyone else?
Kathryn x
XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:59 am 
Post subject:
i'm still here and no signs of anything happening, so its just waiting and if he comes earlier than expected ill sort of know why. just want him here now the last weeks are dragging now.

How exciting that your now due - hopefully things will get moving for you and the sweep will work and you'll be holding your baby very soon.

i think out of us march mummies on here im the last to be due Sad im dreading the thought of going over into April as my cousin died last year on the 2nd, my birthday is the 4th (dont mind sharing i suppose hahaha) and my auntie died 2years ago on the 9th, but in a way it will be nice to finally have a good thing happen in that month and making them days abit happier but also dont want to take anything away from them. hope that make sense.

Sam
xxx

amyxpearce
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Sam how exciting you've lost your MP!! I have no advice on this as I was induced last time too so didn't have anything like that. Really hoping to go in naturally this time! Would love the whole experience. I keep waiting for some signs she's coming but I'm not really having any. I'm having a few Braxton hicks and pains but nothing exciting. Think its just her getting into position. Got mw again tomorrow. I'm seeing her twice a week to keep an eye on my bp but its not gone too high so far so that's good.

It's so hard being patient these last few weeks!

Amy x
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
Had appt today- got a sweep but cervix is still very posterior and no signs of anything yet so not really convinced its going to work Sad my bp was high so had to stay for a couple of hours to have baby monitored but it settled down so got to go home. Booked in for induction next week so if nothing happens Im heading in on Wednesday night to be induced. Totally fed up with being pregnant but really don't like the idea of being induced either!

Also have managed to get a stinking cold- didn't sleep much last night so maybe that had something to do with my bp being high.

Any sign of any other March babies yet?

Kathryn x
amyxpearce
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
How was the sweep? I'm booked in for one next tue but I'm dreading it as my last one was SOOOOO painful! I'm more worried about the sweep pain than labour pains!
Kathryn if your baby hasn't arrived yet it's not long until your induction! How far on will you be then?? Doesn't seem like 2 weeks from your due date?
I read somewhere the other night that some women get colds before babies arrive! It's probably a load of rubbish though ha.
No sign from me...I keep getting pains still but baby's not engaged or anything. Think the pains must just be baby every now and again pushing her head down on my pelvis x
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:19 am 
Post subject:
Sweep was fine, much less painful than the last time, not sure if that's because I've had a baby before or if its because it didn't really work properly as my cervix was so posterior? To be honest I was a bit dissappointed as last time I got loads of braxton hicks after it and this time nothing even after going for a long walk and bouncing on my ball!!

I'm booked for induction starting 6 days overdue with the idea that ill have baby before 7 days over- think cos my bp was high (although it settled) and I had some protein in my urine they don't want me to go much longer. If it hadn't come down a bit they were wanting me inducted this weekend. I'm desperate to have this baby but really want to go by myself so have mixed feelings about it all.

Don't think I can take the cold as a sign - more of a present from hubby who had it a few days ago Sad starting to feel a bit better now although totally knackered from the lack of sleep.

Had a bit of a show this evening and a few strong braxton hicks so keeping my fingers crossed this might come to something and I might have a baby soon but trying not to get my hopes up too much invade its a false start!!

Sam - any news yet?

Kathryn x
XxxJaydensMummyxxX
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Nothing for me but what seems to be the start of a cold also lol, i do remember getting ill around my due date with my 1st but he was 9 days late and had to be induced, i remember being so ill on my due date i was begging him not to come as i just had no energy lol. i had a sweep with him and it did nothing for me.
My other half would be useless to me if i did go into labour atm because hes currently suffering from an infection in his tooth and his face is so swollen and is so drugged up on antibiotics and painkillers i dont think he'd even take it in if i said 'im in labour' haha so from looking after him, our 4 year son and being nearly 37weeks pregnant im totally knackered.

I also want to go myself this time but these babies sometimes have other plans, part of me is scared of things starting by themselves because although i was induced my labour was 3 hours in total and i went from 4 cm - 10 cm within an hour i'm just worried i wont get to the hospital on time if the same thing happens again.

Really hope your baby comes soon for you and that is the start of something,
Sometimes i wonder why we even have due dates because we get so excited for that day only to become disheartened when we go over because it not like we've waited long enough or anything lol.

Sam
xxx

klam
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Had my baby yesterday Smile wee girl Sophie Lorna McCreight, 7lb 6oz xxx

Birth story is a bit long- winded so ill fill you in later. Hoping to get home later on today all being well.

Hope you all get your babies in your arms soon- really makes it all worthwhile!!

Kathryn xxxx
amyxpearce
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Yey Kathryn that's great news! Congratulations and what a lovely name Smile how is your daughter doing with the new arrival? x
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations hun, what a beautiful name - Hope everything went well and your home now with the new addition.

ooh i wonder whos gonna be next???

Sam
xxx

klam
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:20 am 
Post subject:
How's everyone getting on? We're all doing great. Sophie is an amazing baby, so content and happy- absolute contrast to how Emily was as a newborn! She seems to have a routine where she is really hungry in the evening and take about 4 bottles close together then goes for a big long sleep (7hrs last night 11pm- 6am) which is amazing!! I'm sure I can't be this lucky already?? Emily is getting used to having her around. She want lbs to touh and look at her all the time but is starting to realise she doesn't do anything and that playing with her toys is much more exciting.

As for the birth- I went into labour on say night, had lots of show and gentle contractions started. They gradually got stronger overnight and were about 10-15mins apart by sun morning. Emily got packed off to her granny's for the day and then everything stopped. No contractions for about 3 hrs- totally gutted. Started doing things to kick start it again- walking, bouncing on ball etc and got back to every 10-15mins. All the contractions were in my back- so painful but again didn't go anywhere. Kept phoning the hospital but they just said to stay at home as long as possible. Eventually at 1 am o mon morning I couldn't handle the pain anymore, they were still too far apart but just so strong. Went up and got checked -everything was ok, got some pain killers and stayed in the assessment unit for a bit to see how I went. They wore off a couple of hours later and I gave in and accepted diamorphine but then had to be admitted to the ward. Was seen by the consultant in the morning and put on the monitor. They weren't too happy with the tracing so kept an eye on me. Decided at 11.30 to break my waters. Things progressed very quickly after that and she was born at 1.01pm Smile

Unfortunately my placenta never came out (similar last time) but this time ended up in theatre having it removed piece by piece. Lots of drugs later and after a bit of a bleed all was done and I could enjoy my new baby girl.

Got home the next evening and although I lost a bit of blood I've got no stitches and feeling so much better already.

So happy to finally be a family of 4 and enjoying every minute Smile

Kathryn xxx
amyxpearce
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Aw amazing! I can wait for my lil girlie to arrive!
Shame about placenta but glad everyone is doing ok! I had a big bleed after delivering placenta with DD so I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time round! I have 6 days to go till due date. So fed up now ha. Every twinge I get I'm thinking is this it!!! But no it never is ha.
Its amazing she slept so long at such a young age!! X
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Kathryn on the birth of you little girl Sophie Lorna what a gorgeous name and so pleased you ok after the placenta problem.

Huge apologies to everyone as i havent been on here in ages. Been backward and forward to the hospital, midwifes and doctors since jan. Baby is doing great but his/her heartrate keeps spiking so im forever being monitored. Plus my husbands been working long and extra shifts and my little girl has gone super clingy so time to get on the computer has been few and far between. I have caught up on your posts but never seem to get time to reply until now. SORRY XX

Im not officially due to 31st however have been havng strong braxton hicks every 15 mins (YES EVERY!!) for over a week now. Im being induced on the 18th however the midwifes and consultant dont think i will last until then Shocked Really not feeling ready but feel done at the same time. Everyone around me is expecting or just had a little girl so that makes me think i must be having a boy. Still cant agree on any names and feeling really unsettled for some reason.

Really hope your all doing well and your gorgeous little babies will be with you soon happy and healthy x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to:  

Community

Popular