10 week old baby and no period yet???

cjames2010
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 pm 
Post subject: 10 week old baby and no period yet???
Hi everyone,
Just a little question. I had my lo 10 1/2 weeks ago,i breastfed for 6 weeks but had to stop as she got admitted to hospital and the medication she was on sent her appetite soaring. i have been exclusively bottlefeeding now for nearly 5 weeks and I have still not got my period.The last few days I have been having really bad cramping,it actually feels like early contraction pains sometimes, but still no bleeding. I am just wondering if this is normal as with my boy I had a period about 7/8 weeks after he was born. Im not on any contraception as got a talk with doc tomorrow morning. any info would be great!! xx
Emsmummy
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi my LO is 11 weeks and i have just had my period so i think it will come soon, not too worry. My HV said it would be heavy too and it was.
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
My LO in 12 weeks old and ive just had mine. I only bf for 2 weeks x

[/url]
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:52 pm 
Post subject:
heya my lil girl is 10 weeks old and i still not come on my period, i have not had any sign of me coming on, i think it is weird so i have booked a dr appointment to see what the dr says, i breastfeed my lil girl, me and my partner aint having sex, so why have not i come on

Vix101
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
avfcgal wrote:
heya my lil girl is 10 weeks old and i still not come on my period, i have not had any sign of me coming on, i think it is weird so i have booked a dr appointment to see what the dr says, i breastfeed my lil girl, me and my partner aint having sex, so why have not i come on

as far as I know, you won't have one till you stop bf
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
that is weird i aint planning on stop breastfeed my lil girl so does that mean i will not have a period???

OvenReady
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 pm 
Post subject: period?
I breastfed my son till just after his first birthday. I didn't have a period until a month after I stopped breastfeeding. In total, from my period prior to conception, and that period after I stopped feeding, I hadn't had a period for almost 2 years! Awesome! All back to normal now tho.
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
i do not plan to stop breastfeeding

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
my ds is 3 months old now and i had my postpartum bleeding for just under 4 weeks had 4-5 days of nothing then got my period at 5 weeks postpartum which was light compared to my first one after my first ds. thing is ive not had one since!!! im not pregnant again ( thank god!!! ) and every now and again i have cramps and mood swings like im going to come on but nothing happens!!! constantly worried im going to come on at some inconvenient moment!!!! after my first ds my periods were back to normal from the first one 7 weeks postpartum so dont know what the hell is going on!!!!!! Mad

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter is 6 months old and still no period, or pains

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:25 am 
Post subject:
Sometimes when you're breast feeding you don't get periods until you stop, but if you're having sex you still need to use contraception as you could still ov at some point and conceive (as ovulation comes before AF in the menstrual cycle) and obviously if you weren't having periods you might not even realise for a while that you were pregnant Shocked Laughing I found the first time I breast fed that my periods didn't come back until six weeks after I stopped but the other 3 times it was anything from 6 weeks after the birth to about 3 months after Question xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular