Had reversal done:) Couple of questions........

zobo2010
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 am 
Post subject: Had reversal done:) Couple of questions........
hi every1

Hope everyone is well, i dnt often post but come on here regular for a little reading lol

I finally went ahead and had reversal done at doncaster parkhills with Dr Emovan on 10th june Smile. Dr Emovan said op went well! And also he told me that i was sterilised with rings and not clips that i got told when inquiring on how i first got sterilised! He said the left side was more difficult but went well and tubes was saved! He also said that once i was up and ready to just get it on obviously not in them words lol

Now my questions are (sorry ladies):-

My last period was 31may and im on a 26 day cycle and so was due my period monday, I have not even had any signs that its on its way? Im thinking that because i have had an op would that mess up my cycle?

Also I hav been a lil active on bedroom scene but surely i couldnt have got caught so soon? I myself dont think its this? Has anybody got caught soon after havin reversal?

Its day 17 after having my op and feeling ok but find that i get very tired very quickly i havent ventured out much at all twice in 17 days n definately havent walked far! Is this normal?

Also sumtimes my scar on 1 side seems to feel like its burning is this the normal feeling as its healing still?

Thanks Smile

Question
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 am 
Post subject:
hiya
yes you could have caught that soon,,
a lady on here did and is 8 months pregnant!!
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Anythings possible Very Happy Your op could have delayed your cycle Question , and you could be pregnant if you did the deed around the time you ovulated but without knowing when that was it's very hard to say whats going on Question , there is a lady in the reversal section who got pregnant less than 2 weeks after her op and there was one last year (I think) who got pregnant the first month trying but she had an AF in between , so it does sometimes happen Smile
had keyhole surgery not open so i was only slightly sore and bruised and back to normal within 4-5 days Question , but some of the ladies who had open took much longer to feel normal again,several weeks Question
I know I had the burning you described after my c sections if i did too much though so I'd say that could be normal for after an op Question
Good luck though FX you are pregnant , because waiting for that BFP after this op is a killer Rolling Eyes Laughing xxx
zobo2010
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies

An WOW really!! Shocked So im best just taking a test to just to check! Im not holding my breathe over it being positive as we not really 'offically' trying yet as im still recovering really! lol but even not trying can result in a positive i suppose lol

But if im not then im interested in learning how to find out when i ovulate. It might sound silly but I know I ovulate from tests done by doctors but I dont know much about finding out when im ovualting Embarassed Think I have some research to do! I have never really bothered as never needed to do it before having the op! Thats sounds a bit daft really when we wanting another baby! Is there anything on website that explains how to start? or an easy way of working it roughly out? I have seen ovulating sticks when i have been out but these seem quite expensive??

thanks Surprised
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
You can get them more cheaply on amazon and ebay , i get these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001G7STT0/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=drugstore
and they work fine for me , and as they're so cheap you can test on lots of days the first cycle to get a good idea of when you ovulate, on a 26 day cycle it could be anything from day 8 to day 16 , but more likely between day 10 and 14 , so you just pee on a stick once a day from a few days before the earliest you think you might ov and when the second line is as dark as the control line it means you're getting your surge and you should ov in the next day or two Smile .
If you don't want to get into testing though (and it can get a bit addictive ) then you can just keep an eye on cm (cervical mucus) and watch for it changing to clear and watery which is a sign you're getting more fertile and then looking like raw egg white and being stretchy which is a sign you're very close to ov and then after ov it tends to got white again .
It's amazing what you start to notice once you're TTC again Laughing .
i found my cycles got more erratic after my reversal though and went from being 30/31 days like clockwork for 8yrs to suddenly being anything from 28 to 36 Rolling Eyes Laughing but not everyone does so things may settle down after this month Question xx
zobo2010
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:11 am 
Post subject:
Hi

Thanks for info Smile

well I got a clear blue test and also a cheap priced 1 from a cheap shop (well my eldest daughter did for me) and the clear blue one I'm sure it looked like a very faint line Question and thn the 2nd which was different make, showed a bfn!?! I'm nt sure if it was just my eyes playing up when I was looking or wether it's just what happens with them clear blue tests? But i know that Ive still not got my period and I'm 3 days over. At the minute I'm just putting it down to me only having my reversal on 10th June n still recovering and that the op could of just messed up my cycle a little maybe?

Not sure really what to do next just wait a few more days and see if my period arrives and if not just test again, just don't know how many days I should wait lol not sure if I'm feeling any strange feelings as past few days have felt a lil strange inside near where tubes are that don't feel like what I usually feel b4 I'm due on n certain smells are smelling really strong and makes me feel sick a little bit but then again that could just be my brain playing tricks wiv me lol

Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
If it was the clearblue +/- ones then they're notorious for giving false postives , i had two out of a triple pack that had quite strong but thin lines on them Rolling Eyes stupid things really got my hopes up , but that doesn't mean you still couldn't be pregnant and it's just too early to show if you ovulated late because of the op, FX you get that BFP Smile xx
zobo2010
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Well tHe witch arrived before bedtime on Thursday! But on a good note this means I can start doing my ovulation checks now this month and can officially class myself as ttc Smile again

Also it's been 3 weeks now since op and I'm now grin fed up of sleeping on my back lol I usually sleep on my front Rolling Eyes You think it's ok now to go on my front? Silly question inoooo lol and also when did you start driving again? I'm unsure and don't want tojepordise anything while recovering incase I make something bad happens I still get some pain on either side at times when I'm stretching which hurts still is that normal?

Thanks Smile
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:15 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Awww sorry hun... x
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry she arrived zobo Sad Pop over to trying to get pregnant after sterilisation reversal 12 thread, all of the lovely ladies are very supportive and we have 2 newcomers who have just joined us Smile
zobo2010
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Sorry ladies.............Another question Embarassed

The witch has been and gone now but my problem is we have had some jiggie jiggie lol but since yesterday i have what i class as spotting?? Not enough to wear anything and colour is a lil brownish red Confused and this morning was bit more and more reddish and have to use panty liner. Sorry if to much info I have had some what i can only describe as a hot shooting pain down below but not really a hurting pain! if you know what i mean? and im feeling a bit sickie this morning Sad and got headache. Not a good day lol Just wondering if i should be concerned?Or if anybody else has had similar feelings after TR? or am i just over worrying because of me having the op? lol

Thanks

P.s Hope every1 is well Smile
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Do you know when you ovulated hun, if you have already?
zobo2010
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 am 
Post subject:
hiya

No i do nt know Embarassed was going to start today but with the slight bleeding havent today and was going to start my tests from tomorrow. This is my first month propa ttc and its been a long time since ive had to think bwt all this lol at this moment in time all of a sudden i feelin mega sick just had to have sumthing to eat to see if its just cz ive not ate much this morning with me feeling sick.
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 am 
Post subject:
When was the lst day of your period hun?
zobo2010
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am 
Post subject:
i was due on the 25th june but she dint arrive until thursday night on the 28th Rolling Eyes everything was fine and finished monday 2 july. This was fine and normal compared to my other periods in the past. Tuesday was fine infact i felt great lol then we had lil fun that night and then from wednesday when i woke up was spotting and again 2day with feeling sickie also the on n off wierd hot pains either side dwn below. I know its only been 4 weeks since op and so still recovering really. Its been 10yrs since i hav had to worry bwt bein ttc lol so its like all new again to me haha maybe im just over worrying because of the op that im feeling everything that my body is giving out if that makes sense? lol I just feel bit daft asking all strange questions you would think being a women you would, and know everything about your body and how it works lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular