bit of a strange toilet question!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:33 pm 
Post subject: bit of a strange toilet question!
so Kieran hasnt had a nappy on (day or night!) for abouyt 3 weeks now ! Smile so proud of him, not 1 wet night n only 2-3 accidents during the day where he cant get his trousers down fast enough!
anyway.... he has decided (lil mr independent!) he doesnt like the potty anymore and wants to use the toilet! this of course is fine, except... he is too short to to stand up and do it (even with a step!) and he also hates the toilet seat, he likes to sit on the normal toilet seat, again this is fine, but, coz his lil legs are so short his bits dont go very far into the toilet and the direction that he wees ends up shooting perfectly between the rim of the toilet and the seat so that it goes all over his trouses anyway or the floor if he doesnt have any on..or me if i stand too close!! lol
the only way i can seem to stop this is by sticking my hand down the toilet and literally point it downwards Embarassed which again he hates! (understandable!) so my question is...any suggestions to stop this happening!? lol or anyone know of a taller step!? so i can teach him to stand up? xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Either get him to point it down himself Question or I had one similar to this one for most of mine
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toddler-Potty-Training-Toilet-Ladder/dp/B006DLFHZS/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1340811684&sr=1-3
and the step is actually quite high on it and it has handles so they felt more secure while sitting down (and could do it themselves),but it does have a seat as well Question but i still found i had to tell the boys to aim as otherwise even standing up they still manage to miss Rolling Eyes Laughing
Did just find this double step though ?
http://www.safetots.co.uk/p4274/Tippitoes-Double-Step-Up-Stool/product_info.html?&utm_source=google-feed&%20utm_medium=sem&ut;m_campaign=google-feed&gclid=CN78pafh7rACFaEhtAodxDw02Q
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
ah brilliant nat!! the double step thing should be perfect!! Smile xXx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, alot of little boys have this problem! Try teaching him to open his legs wider and lean as far forward as he can, this should help angle it downwards!
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
We have one like this http://www.diy.com/nav/rooms/bathrooms/bathroom-accessories/toilet_seats/-specificproducttype-bemis/Bemis-Dallas-Family-Toilet-Seat-11867671 not that George needs it but OH got bit carried away when buying a new loo seat.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular