recipe food ideas for my 6 month old needed lol

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:59 am 
Post subject: recipe food ideas for my 6 month old needed lol
Hi like title says im proper stuck on what to give my daughter too eat as i dont like to use jar foods alot as i made all my own with my first but for some reason i just cant think of things for leah-paige i think im scared cos of her low birth weight but its got to be done lol

she has had pureed veg with chicken
shepards pie(made in cafe) as not sure what gravy to use??
apples pureed and other fruit
\rusks
and thats about as broad as i have got but want to introduce new flavours now as dont want her being a fussy eater lol

any tips ideas will be gratefully recieved thanks girls xx
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi. Did you only just start weaning her? I started both mine at 6 months and kept it very simple. Everything was separate and no sauces, so that they could get used to each individual thing.
Kerry only just this week got given some of my meatloaf (I know I'm abit late in mixing things up), she normally has 2 veg and either pasta (brown) or sweet potato or cous cous and then chicken or fish. She gets a very wide variety of veg and fruit.
She also gets yogurt (after dinner) and as a snack a rice cake.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:38 am 
Post subject:
i used to give sam a little bit of whatever we had. one time we had pork chops, roast pots., stuffing and veg, just blended it up a bit with a hand blender and she loved it. Nappies stunk though Laughing

i would giver her fish fingers without the batter, with mashand baby cauliflower cheese packet mix.

jacket potatoes with cheese and beans, so just mash it all into the potato. or corned beef and cheese.

spag bol with separate pasta to finger feed.

i just make shepherds pie with stock cubes, no salt but pepper and herbs to flavour it.

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:50 am 
Post subject:
whatkind of things do u eat? could u not juts mush up a little of what ur having for dinner?
when i 1st started weaning mine (apart from Kieran coz he is an exception to the rule! Milk allergy and had trouble with purees!! Rolling Eyes )
i started with baby rice for instance just to get the used to food on a spoon and the swallowing etc then once they mastered that i started giving pureed veg n fuit, id puree a load of diff veg, and freeze them in ice cube trays then once frozen put them in freezer bags then i would have a load of different fruit and veg cubes then when it come to dinner time id take a cube outofa coupe of the bags so it was always a different mixture so potato and courgette or carrot and broccoli and even add some fruit in em sometimes, like peas and apple lol!
then once all my cubes had gone i just started pureeing whatever i had for dinner be it a cuury or a roast, lasange ...whatever!
at 6 months they can eat anything really (except honey and nuts i think) salt should be limited but idont add salt to anythingi cook anyway...
makes life a bit easier than cooking loads of seperate meals! xXx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:18 am 
Post subject:
I did blw weaning with Jamie and just gave him exactly what we were having. He just had potatoes, meat, veg, lasagna, etc. You only need to be careful of the salt content

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 am 
Post subject:
I feel I have been a bit lazy with Charlotte in regards to her eating as I was with Archie and she is a much better eater than Archie, I gave up blending things for her pretty early and spoon feeding.

Archie I used to prepare fresh meals and stock pile the freezer, now however with there being four of us I haven't got the time or inclination and cooking different meals has gone out the window so she has had what we have since about 6/7 months

I just make sure I try to make simple things from scratch and not use salt, although don't get me wrong there are times when needs must and we have sausage chips and beans or even beans on toast

things we have are
spag bol
lasagne
carbonara (so easy to make fresh its unreal)
shepherd/cottage pie
dulphinoise potatos they both love
twice baked jackets always goes down well
cheesy pasta
fishy pasta in creamy garlic sauce

pasta I find is great as you can put loads to it and they kids can eat it really easy from a young age xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Have been giving George what we have, some blended but lumpy now and some finger foods. In the Freezer from last week he has Macaroni cheese with peas and ham, roast chicken diiner and fish pie. Also fruit purrees with baby porridge or Yogurt. At present in the freezer is Apple and Pear, Apricot and apple and Nectarine, Apricot and Cherry.

Good finger foods George likes are Marmite or cream cheese on toast, breadsticks, steamed veg.

You can get Baby stock cubes from boots that are low salt and I've been using these.

Think with giving him what we eat he'll get used to our diet. me and my oh both eat well so that's a good start.
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
Don't know if this helps but this is what George ate today;

Breakfast, Apple and Apricot Baby Porridge

Lunch, Macaroni cheese with Peas and Ham Hock (one of our dinners), couple of breadsticks, Peach, Apricot and Cherry puree with a little bit of rusk mushed in to thicken it up.

Dinner, Potato, Carrot and cheese mash (we had jacket and cheese so just mushed a bit up with some carrot puree that was in the freezer. \Bit naughty but let him have a little bit of my creme brulee and a strawberry.

Don't worry about her birth weight, George wasn't much more at 6lb 2oz. Her tummy will be developed just the same.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:34 am 
Post subject:
When I started weaning Charlotte at 6 months I made a load of food from the recipes in the annabel karmel book and froze them. From 8 months I started just giving her what we would eat. If this helps at all she had the following yesterday:

Breakfast. Porridge
Lunch. Scrambled egg, tinned tomatoes. Half pear diced so she could pick up and feed self. Yoghurt
Tea. Mashed potato, peas and 2 fish fingers (with the breadcrumbs taken off). Fruit for dessert.

She more or less eats anything, I normally try and give her some sort of sandwich for dinner, could be jam, cheese, spread, egg, dairylea. She then has fruit and a yoghurt. Then I cook her a tea, could be potatoe, rice, pasta with veg and meat, (need to start giving her more meat really!!) followed by fruit and sometimes another yoghurt. She then normally helps herself to mine and husbands tea when we have it when he returns from work. We always sit her in highchair and give her bits of what we are having, she loves being involved! She was only 5lb 3oz and 5 weeks prem. So don't worry about low birth weight.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 am 
Post subject:
sweetpea24 wrote:
Hi. Did you only just start weaning her? I started both mine at 6 months and kept it very simple. Everything was separate and no sauces, so that they could get used to each individual thing.
Kerry only just this week got given some of my meatloaf (I know I'm abit late in mixing things up), she normally has 2 veg and either pasta (brown) or sweet potato or cous cous and then chicken or fish. She gets a very wide variety of veg and fruit.
She also gets yogurt (after dinner) and as a snack a rice cake.

No hun she has been on solids since 4 months ..started with the odd baby rice now she has 3 meals a day little ones thou xx
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am 
Post subject:
steph181 wrote:
i used to give sam a little bit of whatever we had. one time we had pork chops, roast pots., stuffing and veg, just blended it up a bit with a hand blender and she loved it. Nappies stunk though Laughing

i would giver her fish fingers without the batter, with mashand baby cauliflower cheese packet mix.

jacket potatoes with cheese and beans, so just mash it all into the potato. or corned beef and cheese.

spag bol with separate pasta to finger feed.

i just make shepherds pie with stock cubes, no salt but pepper and herbs to flavour it.

thanks hun Very Happy x
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls uve all helped loads I have given her her first pasta not blended today was star pasta n did cheese n broccoli sauce she loved it defo onwards wit eatin Wat I do as I eat mainly spag bols currys pasta bakes n 2moro think I Will do us jacket spuds with cheese n beans ....can they have ne cheese cheddar ...thanks again n thanks for meal plans u have had great help n Claire I no ur right just panicky meant to be less with second I'm worse lol xxxx
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
cheddar cheese is fine Smile it is so much easier when they start eatign the same as you Smile and if there is any left overs then freezing it is a good idea as theres usually a time that u may eat at a different time to her or have something like a takeaway that may not be so suitable so u always have meals for her to hand! Smile xXx
ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Thanks again she has now been eating basically the same as me i got them stock cubes only had chicken thou ...think I Will do her a casserole 2moro as i fancy that ..must buy beef stock for her first lol ...today I think I'm goin to do her n us spag bol lol ....now to figure out lunch lol...may do her fish fingers n mash lol xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular