Help!! Don't know what to do.

sfj
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 pm 
Post subject: Help!! Don't know what to do.
Hi ladies, just after a little advice. My OH had a vasectomy when he was 26, he is now 38. He has two children from a previous relationship, but we have no children of our own. We have been to the GP, who i must say has been lovely and trying to get us the reversal on the NHs with absolutely no luck at all. Sad

What im wandering is if anyone knows wether we are entitled to ICSI or IVF on the NHS. Just to say we have absolutely no means of paying for the reversal op or paying for IVE\ICSI privately as we just can't afford it.

I've tried looking for info on the web and come up with nothing, we have a GP app in two weeks so just wondering if it was worth asking them for a refferal to a fertility clinc.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated ladies. Thank you for taking time out and reading.

Baby dust to all. Smile Smile

xxxxxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Considering all the cut backs there has been lately I think its highly unlikely you will get any treatment on the nhs. Me and my o/h have no children together but I have son from a previous relationship and we arent entitled to any free cycles. We are funding it ourselves.

May I ask what is your age? If your young enough then you could go for egg share Ivf (you donate half your eggs collected) in return you get free ivf. This offered by many clinics now.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I know we won't be able to get help with the NHS, it's been going on now for nigh on 4 years with absolutely no luck after two appeals.

I'm 28, would we still need a referral from the GP to do something like that?

I hope you don't mind me asking but how much are you looking at paying funding it yourselves, and where abouts do you live?

We're from South Wales. xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 am 
Post subject:
Hi again, Yes I think you will still need a doctors referral for that although it really isnt a problem getting one you just go in and ask. I think its so they can keep in touch with your doctor and let them know whats happening treatment wise.
Cost wise we are paying around the £6000 mark, not cheap by any means but what else can we do.

Heres a link to some clinics who offer egg sharing -

http://www.whatclinic.com/fertility/uk/wales/egg-sharing

I dont know if any are near you or will be of any help to you.
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

We have just had an informal chat with a nurse at a private clinic and been advised that IVF is the probable route for us now (husband had vasectomy reversal 2 yrs ago). So we are going to start the ball rolling with the initial tests and then go from there - see what treatment we are advised after the consultation. Hopefully i'll qualify for the egg sharing which will reduce the cost so much for us as we have to find the money ourselves. I know things vary from clinic to clinic but was wondering if any advice on timescales of things. We'll need to sort out a loan for the costs although we won't know how much we need until the consultation. I don't know if I should inquire around for a loan now or wait till we know how much we need exactly - i don't want to have to be in the position where we have had the consultation and then can't go ahead because of the money side of things. Do you pay at the end of treatment or start , how long usually wait for treatment to start - I know this differs where ever you go but a rough idea of personal experiences would help!

We went straight to private clinic - didn't need any dr referral
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular