Is it pnd or am I just a horrid person!?

Tilly28
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:24 am 
Post subject: Is it pnd or am I just a horrid person!?
Hello girls, I'll try to make this quick,......

Right, when me and oh decided to ttc I came off the pill and for about two weeks before my period ever month I git so fed up and depressed and just hated everything including the oh! But my periods came and I would feel great again for the next two weeks, this carried on for around the 6 months we were ttc, when I fell pregnant I was fine again until around 9 weeks and all those feelings came back! I couldn't stand to sleep in the same bed as oh and we would only have sex around once a month when I actually wanted to do it and I felt so close to him until it was over and I would be back not wanting him near me and hating everything again. When I had my baby I felt so happy again for about two weeks and thought this is it, I'm finally me again! But then it all came back, I'm just not me any more, I Thought things would get better when I was back on the pill but it's not, absolutely everything stresses me out and I take it all out on the oh, I can't stand the fact that he goes to work and doesn't understand what it's like looking after a toddler and a baby all day long by yourself, my babies are my absolute world and would not give them up for anything, I feel so jelous of the fact that he can just leave them and go out and have a break and have fun with his friends and not give it a second thought!! I feel like as long as he can kiss me and have sex he's ok, my sex drive has just gone! I've no idea where, we used to do it around three or maybe more times a week now it's only every couple of weeks, I've read that this could be a sign Of pnd, I just want to be me again, where the hell have I gone! I'm just a horrid stressful [*CENSORED*] at the minute Sad((( xxxx

WeeGem
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:45 am 
Post subject:
It could be PND, or some other form of depression, as you would be up & down even before getting pregnant. It would be worth going to your GP and having a long chat. Just open up, tell them everything. Don't be afraid to cry and just let it all out. Its the only way you'll get the help you need xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Sounds just like me. I resent my oh quite a lot. He works away 4 days a week and feel like he gets this break and it's 24 7 for. As I'm breastfeeding most of it's down to me when he's home as well. He will do stuff when asked but rarely volunteers.

My sex drive has also dissapeared off the face of the earth. Was quite high before but now couldn't really care less. Was there just after bub was born but not now. Think a lot of it must be tied up in feelings.

I too have always been hormonal with mood swings. i haven't had a period since George was born and I wonder if this doesn't help.
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:59 am 
Post subject:
it could be a hormone imbalance as it seems related to your cycles. after sam was born i used to have sex with my ex just to stop him moaning! i really did not feel like it, i was sore after having stitches, and even though it healed well i still didnt feel 'right' and just didnt seem to enjoy sex. i think its quite common to go off sex after having a baby, after all sex is what got you a baby in the first place, so its understandable to associate sex with the pain of having a baby, and the stress of looking after them

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular