Should I offer second Breast?

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:52 pm 
Post subject: Should I offer second Breast?
Probably doing the normal Mum thing here and worrying for the sake of worrying.

George used to feed up until around 2-3 weeks ago for up to 20 minutes just on one Breast. I have never offered the other side. He has gained weight brilliantly.

Now hes weaning is well on it's way he will often only feed for 10 minutes before coming off even when he wakes first thing and must be hungry. He is quite happy and chatty, unless tired when he finishes and get lots of wet nappies and a couple of dirty one a day. I can still hand express milk from the breast he's just finished on.

It may also be that he has suddenly become more intersted in the world and is very easily distracted. Would rather talk to me or others in the room than have booby.

I'm just concerned he's not getting enough milk. I know they recommend 3 meals a day (which he's having) and 500-600mls milk. Sometimes wish you could have a gauge on your boobs.

Do you think i should offer the other Breast?
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't bother unless he empties the first one. They do become more efficient at feeding so manage to take as much or more in less time

StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Bit late replying here but my George only feeds from one side, his feeds range between 3-7mins and he's fully satisfied after so I'd say no, keep doing what you're doing Smile

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Liberty and Stacey, someone asked me if I'd do anything different with second Baby and the answer was 'worry less'.
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
Because you'll be too busy watching them both to sit and think! Laughing
You're doing a brilliant job Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular