Food ideas for a 5 month old baby.....

kelchatters
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:17 am 
Post subject: Food ideas for a 5 month old baby.....
Hiya,

My little boy is 5 months old and on 4 bottles a day plus 3 meals a day.

I wanted to get some ideas for meals for him, as I want to try and vary it!

At the mo he is having a rusk, maybe rusk and a hlaf for breakfast, lunch is veg and rice and for dinner I have been giving a sweet thing like a pudding, when he wants more will introduce a 4th meal. (this is a rough guide to what he has)

Has anyone got any ideas what I could give him, I am stuck on ideas for breakfast mostly, but also the other meals would be good to see what everyone elses bubbas are having. He has never been that keen on porridge!!!

xxxx
MrsMurray
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
I love annabel karmel, my LO loved all her recipes. She has some breakfast ideas too.
She has loads of recipes on her site, or you could get some of her books from the library Smile.

When my daughter was starting out with her food I used organix cereals (in the baby aisle) also weetabix and ready brek (she likes the original and honey flavoured ones). Also toast fingers with cream cheese or scrambled egg on or even mashed banana Smile.

Oh, just read that LO is just over 5 months so I would avoid the toast until 6 months. But defo check out annabels website for recipes Smile

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/breakfast

Hope that helps!

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
Toast fingers with wahtever topping you fancy, eggy bread, scrambled egg (niice with a bit of tamoato, sweetens it up a bit), fruit and yoghurt,

These are all things i did when Sophs was first weaning, we did it the baby led way so no purees just reall food straight off, but for that the lo needs to be able to hold food themselves

Not sure helps but hopefully,

MAndy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular