i am worried my little boy is mot standing up is this normal

staceyyyy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:56 pm 
Post subject: i am worried my little boy is mot standing up is this normal
my little boy is 9 months old he is very weak with his legs and he doesnt stand up for long and when he does stand its not straight its with his bum sticking out like on a diagnal i am getting really worried now
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
do you mean standing on his own? or with you holding him? he is still very young and some babies just dont like being on their feet. i think most babies stand with their bums out

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
i wouldnt worry yet hun, my 3rd (i was same as u worried and took him to hvs and gps etc) was still not bearing any weight on his legs at 11 months old! he couldnt even sit up til 9 months!
but he is fine Smile just before his 1st birthday he started bearing weight and started pulloing himself up shortly after that then at 15m started walking! they do it all in their own time!
the whole sticking his bum out is probably just him trying to balance himself? but if u are worried then just mention to ur HV Smile xXx
Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
My lo is 11 mOnths, doesn't stand on own, or with help, she just swings legs in air most Of time, or sticks bum out. She isn't crawling either!!
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
My baby has just turned one and she hates standing. She has pulled herself up against the sofa twice and that is it. She has only just started crawling too. I'm not worried, she will get there in her own time! X
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter didnt crawl until she was nearly 10 months so i think him not being able to stand is fine. does he bear weight on his legs when you hold him?

ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
i wouldnt worry hun all babies learn when there ready to and at there own stage Very Happy x
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
my OH's sister didnt do this till 18months hes still young as for the bum sticking out my son does the same when standing holding xx

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
My friends girl is 15 months and she is only just standing. she spoke to doctor and they said they don't look into it until 18 months. As long as he is happy and healthy he will stand and walk in time x
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
He's still v young, i wouldn't worry yet, but if u r worried contact ur health visitor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular