Breastmilk storage bags.. Advice?

MrsMurray
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 pm 
Post subject: Breastmilk storage bags.. Advice?
Hi!

My son is 3.5 months. I'm wanting to express some milk to store in the fridge just so if my husband and I fancy an evening out we can do so.

A friend has given me some breastmilk storage bags as she no longer needs them for her LO. She said she ordered them off eBay as they are cheaper, that they are for breastmilk, and are sterilised.

Now they have oz along the side of the bag, so I do think they are proper breastmilk ones?

Basically would you use them? I'm not sure if I trust them to be sterile enough? (Being bought from eBay, I don't think it's a make I know as she didn't have the correct packaging and she's had them for almost two years..) ate they still sterile? Should I buy new? Just use them as they are? Or sterilise in my steamer or something?

Sorry if I'm bring really dumb just want to do what's best for my LO.

Thanks in advance Smile

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
I would probably use them. You have to heat up the milk anyway as its really cold for them out of the fridge so that would kill anything on it

MrsMurray
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Oh i meant to store in the freezer. But I will still have to heat.. But you don't heat it to boiling do you? So I don't think it would kill anything? I'm not sure?

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
If the bags are sealed they should still be sterile. I would use them. But if you are in any doubt over them then for your own sanity dont. You could always look up the brand on the net to check they are the real deal?

Mandy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular