sex after 3rd degree tear

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm 
Post subject: sex after 3rd degree tear
Ok, so made love for first time after having son(who is 12 weeks old today!) about a week ago and found it really sore and unconfortable. Is this normal and does it improve? Does kind of put me off giving it another try.

Mandy xx
StaceyRD
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
I'd say normal! Your body has to adjust, especially after a tear. Can't remember now if mine was 2nd or 3rd degree but it took two or three times before I felt more normal down there x

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
Heys - just wanted to say yep - normal!
Try KY or lube if you haven't already... it really helped us and is now a lot more comfortable. There are still a couple of positions that aren't as comfortable as they used to be, but all in good time... Smile
xxx

stamer
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
That's normal!

My wife was also getting those and I'm so much afraid coz it never happened to her and consult a doctor. The doctor told us that this will pass.
xMandyx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:53 am 
Post subject:
Could you have been tense? That can make it more difficult. Try and relax and stock up on the lube xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
Oh geez, yer. I remember our first time after birth and i tore quite bad Sad

I think it was a mixture of it all though, tense, getting used to the new feeling/sensation. It felt like the 'first time' all over again Embarassed But yer...it does get easier. I found a nice glass of wine helped a little too Wink Laughing
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 am 
Post subject:
ZeeLou wrote:
I found a nice glass of wine helped a little too Wink Laughing

It took me ages to work up the courage to have sex after my first, I'm talking months her!! But like Zee says, I had a few drinks so I was more relaxed about it and it certainly helps.
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies! Well, we gave it another go a couple of weeks later and it was MUCH better thanks!

When i saw the consultant to check all had healed properly, he asked about intercourse and i explained it was a tad painful. He said it takes 3 months for the internal stitches to fully dissolve and this can cause discomfort. So i have put it down to that, because it was after this time we tried the second time and it was so much more cofortable.

Thanks again.

MAndy x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular