sleeping

tracyx87
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm 
Post subject: sleeping
my son is 7 and half months he started to sleep really well at 2 months i put him down after bath and feed around 7pm and fed him at 11pm he would be back down by 11.30 and sleep till anything from 6.30am to 9am but hes suddenly stopped sleeping he started refusing to go to bed after bath supper and milk we tried everything and hv advised us to try vanishing chair thats working to get him down at 7.30pm she said doesnt need milk at 11pm now as gets plenty food through day but cutting it out or reducing it makes things worse even with 11pm milk tho hes up at 2am ready to play or wanting milk i fight with him all night to sleep some times he will sleep again but hes up at 4am or 5am and theres no getting him back down this has been happening from 6months im exhausted and really have no ideas what else to do has anyone else had this problem if so what worked for you? we are willing to try anything at this stage

his food through day is 150ml milk when gets up
porridge/cereal and 120mls milk for breakfast
solids and 150mls milk for lunch and dinner
solids and 240mls milk for supper
180mls milk at 11pm
snacks between meals are fruit, carrot sticks, dry rusk etc

i think he gets plenty food so cant see it being hunger Confused

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
How much does he nap during the day and when?

Maybe not so much a food prob as a too much sleep in the day/afternoon prob?

MAndy xx
tracyx87
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
usually about 10am till 11am and 2pm till 2.30pm he doesnt like to sleep through day never has tho hes very active crawling and walking with furniture so thought he would burn himself out the sleep problem started just after he learnt to crawl xx

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:03 am 
Post subject:
Its not unusual for them to have stages when they don't sleep when they're learning new things. Jamie had milk in the night until he was almost a year. He was still feeding every few hours at this point although he was bf so I have no idea how much he was having. Personally I would give him the milk until you get him back into good sleeping habits and then cut it rather than trying to deal with both things at once

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
my little one has slept through the night for ages bu ive found when we have unsettled nights its always been followed by a tooth cutting through. My little one has a half hour nap am and 1 to 2 hours in afternoon. So i dont think his naps should be the problem and he should start dropping bottles when you increase solid portions. Do you gzo straight to baby in the night as soon as he wakes or do you wait a few minutes to see if settles back down? Its not impossible for them to start habits of waking at the same time at night and you need tovteach self settling/soothing.
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
this might sounbd stupid, but them actually not sleeping enough can cause as many problems as too much sleep

we started keeping our son awake after 3pm, so he'd be tired enough to sleep, this backfired and he was actually waking up more...purely because he was so tired he'd go into a really deep sleep straight away and wake up feeling like he'd slept longer than he actually had, so we let him have another nap about 4ish if he wanted and his sleeping habits went back to normal sleeping through, so maybe it's worth adding in a small late afternoon nap x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular