The most amazing experience...<3

Loulou86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 pm 
Post subject: The most amazing experience...<3
This isn't a problem I just wanted to speak you any other ladies that feel the same... Do any of you sit and think about the day you went into labour, the emotions you felt and the experience you went through? I suffered with the baby blues for about a week - they were a horrible feeling. My little one is 11weeks now and the day I had her feels like a lifetime ago, sometimes I wish I could go back and re live it all over again, am I weird for thinking that? It was just the most amazing experience of my life, I was so scared about giving birth but now I would do it all again tomorrow. Just wanted to reflect that's all....<3
StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:43 pm 
Post subject:
Reflecting is great!

I look back a lot when my kids are happy/asleep and think about when I was pregnant with my first and her labour, same with my second.

Still expect someone to knock on the door and ask for them back, seems much too special that they are mine and that it really happened!

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
throughout my pregnancy i was terrified of the thought of giving birth, and then i got really annoyed when i went over. but the day i went into labour i started off really annoyed as the mw wouldnt give me a sweep, and then said they would sort out a date for induction the next week, but i probably wouldnt need it.

then as the day went on, i seemed to relax, and once my contractions started i was really calm about it. for ages after my daughter was born i would just stare at her and couldnt believe she was mine, even now when she is sleeping i will just sit next to her bed and watch her sleeping.

however i had such a horrible labour, i have no intentions to relive it, although i loved being pregnant, and i do miss having a newborn baby that doesnt answer back!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
yeh definitely feel the same i think most with my daughters birth, my 1st i was 16, scared and totally out of iton pethedine after 29 hours labour and i had not a clue what to expect, so although i loved the actual giving birth and the feeling after the day leading upto it was a bit of a blur, then my 3rd i was in labour at hoem with the other 2, no way of getting hold of anyone with OH at football!! grrr! lol
and my 4th was a prem with me being stuck to a monitor the whole way thru and him being taken off me straight away so not great!
but my 2nd, my daughters labour was perfect!! i loved every momnet and i do feel so proud of myself that day!
i started having really mild contractions that afternoon, could have passed for BH, we went shopping and for a walk around town. came home and they started to get stronger, called the hosp, told us to go in so we did, all lovely and calm, coping with contractions well, breathing through them etc, got to hosp, still contracting, MW literally told me they were not gonna examine me, or monitor me, they were just gonna let me do it, they dimmed the lights the contractions got stronger still, then i needed to push MW told me to go with it, so i did and out she came 30mins after me being there! she was born onto the bed i picked her up and cuddled her and it was so surreal! MW didnt touch her! then she went straight onto the breast for 45 minutes while i delivered the placenta, again without the injection anything! (alhtough i did hate that bit and insisted onthe injection with 3&4) then after i delivered the placenta i gave baby to MW who weighed and dressed her i went for a shower, then they gave me discharge papers and i was home 3 hours after giving birth!! it was seriously amazing and even now i still wish i could go back to that day!!
like i said obviously i enjoyed having the others too but the situations were just different! Smile
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Think I have birth envy. I wanted the 'perfect' labour and birth. Avoided induction just and managed to start at the midwife led birthing unit which was lovely. Was there till right near the end (9cm dilated) then it all went a bit hairy and got transferred to the central delivery. After an active labour with only gas and air I was stuck on a bed in stirrups on a monitor and George had to have 2 blood tests and almost emergancy c section. Luckily I was given the chance to deliver naturally but I would not recommend being on your back with your legs in stirrups and only gas and air as a way to give birth.

I often wonder if I'd not got a bit panicked as my contractions got stronger and stayed calmer then perhaps all would have been different. I get jealous of people who have had the birth I wanted. I hated being on the ward in the hospital. Sometimes I think I want another baby so I've got the oppotunity for it to be what I wanted. Would seriously consider a home birth if fell pregnant again.
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
both my births were amazing and i would do another in a heartbeat...............its the pregnancy i couldnt go through again Laughing

both my children were born at home and i have both of mine on film so can watch them back and smile, and feel proud at how i gave birth.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular