Advice please on pooey leaking nappies every time

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 pm 
Post subject: Advice please on pooey leaking nappies every time
Hi i wonder if anyone can help. We had huggies newborn when she was born in size one n dont remember any major leaks but then they started leaking wee. Up her back etc. so tried size too but problem carried on, problem was mostly during the night. Tried pampers 2, now the problem is she goes once a day typically n it is so runny it leaks put the side of the nappies at the top of her legs! Its not really coming out the back but sometimes the front up towards her belly button!!!

Ive mentioned it to the hv who said it can be quite loose but im tired of soaking clothes everyday! We thought it was leaking as was wet and it was soaked or something but this am, i changed her after feed snd within 10 mins i could smell she had went so took her straight to changing mat n it was already leaking out of the legs.

Im fastening them straight across her tummy n quite tight but enough to get a finger in - is this right?

Are other sizes or makes better?

Thanks x
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
I had this problem, and unfortunately no matter which brand of nappy i used i had it, up until she was about 6 months and more on solids.

in the end i found the pampers active fit one of the best, but they probably dont go small enough for your little one. i also never liked the pampers new baby, i found huggies to be better.

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Oh not another 4 months of it lol Sad

Ill have a look in shops n see smallest. Shes 12.1 now so you never know Smile
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:11 am 
Post subject:
i never liked huggies newborn.they leaked on my little one but then i was told diff nappies suit diff babies. i havent had leg leakage mind u just up the back. aldi napoies are v.good and 5 for 54! although iv staryed to get the odd wee leakage at night now and im sure its down to himm wriggling about more!!! gona try the active fit for night time. hope ur situation improves.

hydra101
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 am 
Post subject:
I think the best thing is to try different nappies - all nappies respond differently to individual baby shapes etc, when my little one was pre 6 months I either used Tesco Newborn or huggies newborn. I couldn't get on at all with Pampers found they leaked wee and poo - and still do cause I tried them again a while back. As my son's got a bit bigger I now Huggies Superdry during the day and Huggies Natural fit during the night (believe it or not the Natural fit has less chance of leaking wee for 13 hours in bed than the Superdry).

But there are people who have the opposite, Huggies leak and Pampers are they're ideal choice - as I say every nappy responds differently to each baby, so try and many as you can until you find one you like.
ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 am 
Post subject:
Oooh, I had this, can't tell you how many vests got ruined, even once she was on to solids. I tried, pampers, huggies, own brands, best I liked were Kiddicare ones. Now I've just discovered Huggies natural fit which have a much wider waist band than others. Although the kiddicare ones you order and get a months supply at once which is great and if you don't like them you can send back the unopened packs within the box and get refunded.
Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls! Tried size 2 and 3 in pampers - still getting leaks literally 5 mins after shes pooed! Its def around the legs it oouzes out. Think ill try a few own brand ones like sains tesco etc and see. Ill try kiddicare too hun, like the idea of returning if unopened Smile
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
I hated huggies with a passion and still do lol!! Pampers don't mind and will buy if I need to but I use boots own brand, they are fab and I get discount cos I work for them so 20% off which is good having the two in nappies. xx

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Discount code when u can jennifer Smile

Right so thats a pack of sainsburts, tescos, kiddicare n boots to get next ! Babys r more costly than i ever thought lol
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:02 am 
Post subject:
Clairebear30 wrote:
Discount code when u can jennifer Smile

Right so thats a pack of sainsburts, tescos, kiddicare n boots to get next ! Babys r more costly than i ever thought lol

Awww sorry now discount code its a staff discount card I have. But if you join boots parenting club you get loadsa vouchers through the post xx

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Tesco own brand ve found to be the best Smile

Pampers and huggies are really bad for leaks

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 am 
Post subject:
We used Bumgenius birth to potty reusable pocket nappies and only ever had leaks when we went on holiday and used disposables! If you're having to soak clothes etc anyway then would be much less work to use cloth nappies as they don't need soaking, just shove in a nappy bin til full then wash at 40-60 degrees and much fewer/no leaks. Just an idea Smile

Frival
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
We tried lots of different types to find ones we were happy with. Huggies just didn't work for my DS bum! Pampers were best but as someone else said, the Pampers Active fit better but not sure how small they go.

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
I think it is just trial and error. I found I swapped between huggies and pampers as Sophia changed sizes. Asda (or saisnbury's, cant remember which) were horrid, leaked lots, were quite hard (not sure right word but not soft lol) and Sophs suffered more with nappy rash when using these ones.

I also used bumgenius but found them rubbish for night time, hence using disposables too. And also i found that they only lasted us the first year, after that they were too small for her to wear and she has followed the 50th centile from about 2 weeks after birth so hardly an unusual size! Other than that though, was impressed with them.

Mandy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular