Getting Pregnant After Sterilisation Reversal Part 13..

MrsGhost
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:27 pm 
Post subject: Time to give up?
Hey Ladies I came across this thread after searching google for some answers. Let me tell ya about myself. I'm 36 and married last aug to an awesome guy i've been with for almost 9 years. My Husband and I have been trying for a baby since April 2011. I already have a 13 year old son from a previous relationship. In 2005 i was sterilised as i had problems with the contraceptives. After I got it done i was in agony for for almost 3 years. Periods where excruciating. Sex was a defo "NO NO GET AWAY FROM ME NOW!" lol after 2 operations to have a look the hospital told me it was a pain I would just have to live with cos they couldn't find anything wrong. I went to a different hospital for a second opinion as the painful periods/sex was getting ridiculous. They told me it was no wonder I was in pain and they discovered an ovary was twisted. At first they thought it was a cyst on my cervix but it was actually my ovary pushing down. They operated the same week and when I came round they told me that they had reversed the sterilisation and fitted the coil in. I know my ovaries are fine because i donated eggs to the fertility clinic 3 years ago and they told me then I had good strong eggs.(they got 11 instead of the adverage 4/6) I had no desire for any ore kids until last year when my biological clock donged in my head. So here we are....still trying. We had our first appointment with the fertility clinic today and the doc said its possible my tubes are damaged and is sending me for a dye test and my husband for a sperm count. I'm a strong believer in if somethings gonna happen it will so I'm not sure if we should take the IVF route or just be happy with what we've got. Anyways I hope I havent bored you with this long post! Just some insight would be great!
Thanks!
Mrs Ghost Smile
JellyBean73
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:16 am 
Post subject:
I had my reversal on the 15th October and the Halloween Witch reared her ugly head last night, 3 days early. I never thought I would be so gutted. My previous 3 pregnancies I never even had to try falling pregnant it was literally an instant event. Should I phone the consultant now and get on clomid straight away ? As I am 39 already! Shocked

I wish everyone much baby dust!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
Jellybean I'd consider it Smile I remember finding that first AF the worst Sad as like you I'd never had to try and had got pregnant 4 times on the pill Shocked Laughing but chances are if AF turned up yesterday you could have been ov'ing virtually within a day or two of the Op (and presuming you didn't bd that soon Shocked Laughing ) then maybe you just missed the chance this month Question Smile and could well get lucky next month, but I still think I'd ask for clomid cos 2 eggs have to be better than one Wink Laughing xx

Welcome Mrs Ghost Smile wow that was a bit of luck that they did the reversal for you without even asking Shocked Laughing
Good luck with the fertility tests , FX everythings ok when you go, sometimes it just takes a little bit longer to conceive after the reversal for some reason Question xx
Mand are you paying for the osteopathy or is it NHS ? Its great its helping though , I did hear it can be good for babies if they had a difficult/traumatic birth Question
What did they say when you went for the scan ? Nothing serious I hope xx
Well best get on Rolling Eyes been avoiding studying today Embarassed Laughing just been and had a splash out in the pre christmas sales and bought loads of stuff for the house which I've hidden and now have to sneak out a bit at a time so the OH doesn't notice Shocked Embarassed Laughing have discovered i'm still symptom spotting at the moment Rolling Eyes not that I've even got any Laughing but its not stopping me looking Wink Laughing
Have a great day Ladies xxx
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Evening ladies,

not been on for a while after our decision to stop trying when AF arrives. But I have a question....I have been doing OPK's this month as it's our last month trying (andy doesn't know) and I have had positive OPK's for the past 5 days!!!! I am off clomid and not taking any vits or anything.

Hope your all well xxxx

Me-36
OH-33

Reversal op 04/08/2011
JellyBean73
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the advice DL05 - I will talk to my consultant and see what can be arranged.

My next question is from all the ladies who have had a reversal done. Was there first AF normal? As mine seems to be different from before reversal.

Brown discharge lots of cm not much has happened all day. It's more like an end of AF than beginning if that makes sense... I also feel so relaxed and content. Versus being wound like a spring. One bonus I havent had a headache this month, Which I usually do which normally lasts 5 days and nothing clears it. I also have no bloating... Rolling Eyes
shellypenton
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
hey ladies how r yall doing today?

NAT AND PUMPKIN HOW HAVE YALL BEEN DOING?

WELCOME GHOST I HOPE THIS SITE HELPS YOU OUT. THEIR ARE ALOT OF WONDERFUL LADIES ON HERE TO TALK TO..

IT IS ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE... HOPE U LADIES R DOING OK
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 am 
Post subject:
Bit strange Pumpkin Question are you due to ov around now Question I had them for 7 days once randomly, confused me no end Rolling Eyes but from AF date I ov'd on about the 4th day of them Question
At first I thought it was because they were different OPK's but when I compared them the next month to my normal ones they said the same as them Question I put it down to maybe more than one egg in the end Question
Perhaps the clomid got things shifting even though you're not taking it now Question
(I love the way you said Andy doesn't know Laughing a woman after my own heart Embarassed Laughing what they don't know they can't stress about Wink Laughing )
Is it too early in the month for this to be a sign of something exciting ? Your ticker says you're at the end of a cycle , but i'm presuming its not updated Question
FX for you either way hun, if it is two eggs thats an extra chance this month Wink xxx
Jellybean did you have bleeding with the Op Question as that can reduces your lining so AF can be lighter, they do flush out a lot with the dye though , plus the reversal can actually have a knock on effect on your hormone levels Shocked I would say though if you feel different , and this AF doesn't get heavier and it was earlier than you expected it might be worth a sneaky test just to make sure Question As if it doesn't look like and AF or act like an AF it might not be an AF Shocked Laughing xx
Shelly how are you getting on, did you get your clomid yet ? xx
meesh31
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies

Hope your all well, cant seem to find the time to pop on ere atm but i will get on for a proper catch up soon!!

Been learning to drive for 11-12 weeks and passed my test yesturday im so happy, i was the oldest in the testin place waiting to do test lol that was strange just glad the hard work paid off Smile

cant believe Liam is 24 weeks wer has the time gone Surprised

hope ladies with babies are well and little ones being good, and sending lots of baby dust to everyone else xxx

Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 am 
Post subject:
Morning Nat,

I am CD 22 today, I have OV'd CD 13 the last three months because the clomid sorted my cycles out. I've not had the usual OV pains this month, just twinges here and there :/ Didn't start OPK's till after CD 13 though because of being upset about Andy's decision about not trying anymore. I have been doing OPK's with FMU and around 6:30 when I get home from work. They started out light and have gotten progressively darker and 6 days ago were alot darker than the control line.

The only thing that has threw me is that when I have been temping this month my temp when AF stopped was between 96.44-96.98 and then around CD 15 went up slightly to 97.52 and now it's 98.42-98.78 My usual pre OV temps are 97.16-97.7 and my post OV temps are 98.06-98.96. Can the weather change your temps? I know that sounds stupid but it's much colder in the house now then last month.

Me-36
OH-33

Reversal op 04/08/2011
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Yeah if its colder than usual or hotter than usual it can affect them, normally they'd drop a bit with the colder weather Question
I know a few Ladies on here though have had pos OPK's for much longer than normal and its turned out to be a BFP Question Don't want to get your hopes up but if the first rise was a post ov rise at cd15 then you could be 9 or even 10 DPO Question
(I think if it was me and I had any tests in I'd probably do one just to check if it was ov related as you didn't test earlier in the month Question but then you know what i'm like for testing Embarassed any excuse Rolling Eyes Laughing )
It could just be a really long surge though Question Clomid does still have an effect for a while after you stop it so you could have more than one egg on the go , its frustrating though isn't it when things don't go to plan Rolling Eyes I bet you could have done without added complications when you're under pressure anyway . How are you feeling now about Andy wanting to stop ?
I know I was furious with my OH when he suggested it last October Confused
But I don't think they see it the same way as us ?
They just see the negatives and think well if we stop that will go, but for me personally I couldn't mentally "stop" anyway so I still felt under pressure Sad , and he was blissfully unaware Rolling Eyes Mad
I had to explain how I was feeling in the end and we agreed to give it a shot but keep it relaxed Smile (I did manage that for a good few months as well Shocked Wink Laughing )
FX it works for you this month anyway Very Happy xx
Congratulations Meesh Very Happy Well done you going for it, I think it gets harder the longer you leave it Shocked Laughing enjoy your new found freedom Very Happy xx
I did feel after the bad news last week I might find it hard coming on here Question Funnily enough though i'm OK with it Very Happy But I have noticed the last couple of days that i'm doing things I used to in the 2ww Embarassed symptom spotting etc. no idea why Rolling Eyes but I suspect it might really hit me when AF is due and actually turns up , as I think I might be in denial a bit Embarassed Laughing so if I suddenly disappear around the 12th thats why Laughing xx
Shellyrfc
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies hope you are all well. Im on to ask a bit of a stupid question. I done a preg test 2 days ago and couldnt see anything except the control line but after about 20 mins or so it showed a faint positive. Could this be just because its been left lying or could it be possitive. I done another this morning and that was neg. Some advice would be grateful ladies. xx
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 am 
Post subject:
Nat I have no OPK's left now, but I have a CB divi HPT, but too scared to do it Laughing I am getting there with not trying anymore and going on the pill when AF arrives, but I have days when it still makes me want to cry. I got angry with Andy at first but now I see he is only trying to make life better by taking the stress off our relationship so we can get back to normal. By the time February comes I will be ready to adopt.

Shelly I had so many tests go like that after leaving them. Is there any colour in the test line or is it just a shadow?? If that makes sense.

Me-36
OH-33

Reversal op 04/08/2011
Shellyrfc
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Hi Pumpkin yeah there is colour is pink but lighter than the control line xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Shelly its hard to say as they say not to read them after a set time, and some tests can "trap" the dye sometimes ,as in it doesn't all pass to the end of the test but isn't actually a BFP line ,I've had that happen Rolling Eyes
If you've got a negative since though on the same brand then I'd say even if it was a faint pos it might have been a chemical sorry Sad where something is starting but then doesn't continue, in a way if it was its a good thing as it means the sperm and the egg got together Question not much consolation i know when you want that BFP though Confused
If todays test was a different brand I'd get one the same brand and try that as the all have different sensitivities xx
Pumpkin I can understand that Laughing those digi's are so harsh as well Sad I stupidly got some before my op and I know I'll use them at some point Embarassed Laughing Ohh I hate it when you run out of OPK's Shocked and they're so expensive too Rolling Eyes
You never know Pumpkin , maybe the pill will not work for you ? Never worked well for me even taking it at the same time everyday Question You could still get a lovely surprise before Feb, but if not then the adoption is something to aim, for, Is Andy prepared for the stress with that ? As I've heard they can really put you through the mill Shocked xx
Shellyrfc
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies. I didnt get my hopes up because It was an early test that i done. Will wait and see if Af arrives and if she doesnt i will test again. The test i used this morning was a differant brand from the other. Not to worry if it dont happen this time theres always next time. As stupid as this is going to sound im not actually expecting to get a BFP this month anyway. I just dont have that luck Laughing xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 77 of 88

Jump to:  

Community

Popular