Getting Pregnant After Sterilisation Reversal Part 13..

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies Very Happy
Just popped on to see how you're all getting on ?
Sorry to see there haven't been any BFP's yet Confused
Well I got AF last sunday Rolling Eyes
Hit me very hard Crying or Very sad , I knew it was coming for a few days before as i got all my old classic tell tale signs that I haven't seemed to have had since the reversal Question
But it still hit me hard as before my recent Op I was day dreaming about a BFP this month Rolling Eyes
So its finally hit home now that this is it the end of the road for us,that there is nothing else I can do Question no more OPK's and timing things and looking for symptoms etc. Embarassed Laughing (well I hope not anyway although stopping symptom spotting might prove tricky for a couple of months at least Laughing )
As much as I love you Ladies and couldn't have got through the last 2 1/2 yrs with out you I now find it incredibly hard to come on here and be reminded of our time spent TTC so i'm popping on to thank you all while I feel up to it Smile and to say I hope you all get your BFP's very very soon xxxx
Aww thanks Angel Smile but I've given up on the idea now , I have to for my own sanity , if we get a surprise one day that would be fantastic but I can't see it so we need to move on Smile , will be selling my people carrier soon too for the same reason as you , don't need the seats anymore, so will get something smaller and put that money towards florida Smile
In fact I've had a clear out and got rid of everything that reminds me of TTC, right down to a lot of my clothes, like the outfit I wore to go to the hospital the other week and all the TTC vits Laughing ,even completely rearranged the bedroom, daft I know but its helped me a bit Embarassed Laughing so I'll be glad when the cars gone as it reminds me how we discussed where baby seats could go and stuff like that Rolling Eyes Laughing
I'm sure if my youngest kids were older it would be easier as then we could look at it as new found freedom Question and make the most of that Smile (a holiday with no kids sounds like bliss at the moment actually Laughing ), but still we're going to concentrate on them now and in a few years time it will be all about us Very Happy
I hope you have a fantastic time in Florida Very Happy you never know we might even bump into each other Cool Laughing xx
meesh31
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies

Hope your all well and are all enjoying gettin ready for the festive season. Very Happy

Really hope to see some bfp soon use all so deserve it Smile

Iv been up most of the night with Liam hes got a chesty cough poor little thing. Sad

Hope use all have a fab day xxx

lilemm
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Morning Meesh Very Happy

There hasn't been anyone on here for ages, i wonder how they are all doing!! Very Happy

Sorry to hear that liam has a chesty cough, Crying or Very sad Harry had it and is still suffering from it 5 weeks later although it isn't half as bad now, but its still there, i also have it so we cough in unison!!! Laughing

i hope he feels better soon!! Very Happy

How are you doing??

Are you all ready for christmas, i think i've got everything i need for Harry, just my older 2 to sort out!! Very Happy

I'm waiting for a delivery today, we've bought Harry an entertainer so he can enjoy all the toys around him and also bounce, i'm sure he'll enjoy it!! Very Happy

yes it would be lovely to have some bfp's on here, fx some of you get good news over christmas!! Very Happy

Hope you all have a great christmas and don't get too merry! Very Happy
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 am 
Post subject:
Well yesterday I had a app with cons as we have been ttc for last 19mths we had all the usual test . I knew my fertility was reduced as i only have one very stubby tube of 3cm Following my sterilisation reversal .

Anyhows cut long story shoert the cons said yesterday that my fsh is 7.9 verly low for my age just turned 36 and my egg count was total of 8 He said we woild need IVF OR IUI both of which would need be done priavatley and its money we dont have
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear that Anna , don't give up yet though, 7.9 isn't massively high and it can vary from month to month and an antral follicle count of 8 isn't massively low , I think around 15 is considered good Question , and they often miss one or two just because of the angles so you could be more around 10-11 really , you might have what they call diminished ovarian reserve but all that means is you might get the menopause a little earlier than some women but as long as you're still producing eggs you could stil get pregnant Smile , maybe look into DHEA Question as that has some great results with some women with high FSH ,low AMH and who don't respond well to IVF , I've seen women go from having cycles cancelled due to poor response to getting 20 + eggs Shocked it helps stop chromosomal abnormalities and helps lower m/c rates as well in clinical trials , I know a lot of IVF clinics actually recommend it for improving egg quality Smile got to be worth a shot ? and much cheaper than IUI , it's heartbreaking getting news like that I know and hearing that IVF is the only way, but as long as your tube is open and you still produce eggs there is hope for a natural BFP ((((HUGS)))) xxx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou Nat what would be norm fsh ive tried gooling but just getting confused Confused
Where do i get that DHEA never heard of it anything worth a shot Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
If you google DHEA (all capitals ) and fertility there's a lot of info about, you can buy it on amazon, its normally in with body building stuff as its a hormone precursor ,that your body can use to make one of several hormones depending on what it needs, there can be some side effects (all I got was greasier hair Question ) and its not suitable for everyone , so its worth doing a bit of research first Smile .
FSH levels are hard to find as they vary from woman to woman ,and change with age and from month to month even, mine at 40 was 4 which my reversal cons said were very good Question , more like a woman in her early 30's, and the one site that did have numbers that I found said from 33-37 anything less than 7.9 is considered normal range so at 7.9 you're only just a tiny bit outside normal range Question Very Happy
AMH is supposed to be a better way of judging if you're peri menopausal or not but my reversal cons said really FSH and AMH are better indicators of your response to IVF rather than or exactly how many eggs you've got left Question and women with lower AMH and higher FSH can still conceive naturally it just might take a little longer Question xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou nat will have a look into it so much to take in at the min my head is all over the place Confused How are you hunni
babyg1981
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 pm 
Post subject:
hi ya every one im new on here just need a little advice... i had a reversal done in june but still no pregnancy..my surgeon said it was a great success...i was originally tied cut and burned and he managed 2 save both tubes with 4cm on each..could any one give any advice plz or any success stories...thank u Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 am 
Post subject:
I'm ok at the moment Anna, but thats probably because i'm mid cycle and the mood swings will no doubt kick in again around AF Embarassed Laughing I've started on agnus castus since the weekend (when I think I ov'd) because I've read its helps with PMT so FX it works and I won't be a hormonal mess Shocked Laughing finding it hard to switch off the TTC part of my brain though Rolling Eyes the otherday i realised I was working out that next month I'd be ov'ing around Christmas day and was thinking that would be a nice day to get pregnant Cool and then realised I can't actually get pregnant Embarassed Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing am hoping soon I'll forget about tracking cycles and won't even notice when i'm ov'ing at all Question
How are you feeling now you've had a few days for the news to sink in ? xx
Babyg , don't know what to say really ? I was also cut and burned and sometimes the little hairs inside the tubes can be damaged by the process which stops them "wafting" the egg and sperm together, but as your tubes are only 4cm now chances are your surgeon cut away all the damaged parts Question It may take a bit longer as your tubes are short, but as you have both tubes still then there's a good chance that one of them catches the egg every month, but you may need to get the timing spot on Question , as the part of your tube that holds and feeds the sperm whilst they wait for the egg to pop may either be a lot smaller than it was or even be part of what was removed Question , so you'd need to make sure there were fresh sperm there just as you ovulate Smile
You can buy tests that show when you're getting your surge just before ovulation happens and if you got some and then had sex everyday for about 3 or 4 days after you got the surge then there's a better chance there would be sperm there as the egg emerges , a lot of getting pregnant can be timing issues as the egg only lives 24hrs max Smile xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Nat its a tough one to come to terms with isnt it... especially with christmas looming!! Very Happy so I am focusing on Florida.. Very Happy see you there hun xx

I think its also time for me to say Goodbye and Good luck to you all.. Sad I am on FB anyway so still get to chat to you all...
Smile looking back over the last 2 years it sure has been a tough and emotional journey.. and it seems odd now trying not to get pregnant!
but I could not have done it without you ladies support.. xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
Arw Nat it is hard hun Im due Af 2moro and keep kidding myself that she might not show
I gave my DD consent last night god that makes me sound like a rt witch but but i did tell her i wasent rdy to be a nanny yet

But inlight of everything who am i to say dont do it She 20 so knows her own mind

babyg1981

I have one tube and thats a mere 3cm did take me 2ys to get my bfp Its alot harder when you have stubby tubes the norm is 7cm Shocked I was given clomid to help
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Nat can I ask your advice on something plese Ive just phoned the consultant and he gave me the following results FSH 6.6 anti mullerian level 7.0 mid luteal phase 76.2
and antral follicles were 4 either side ... He wants me to do a few cycles on clomid again monitored . So I asked if this will use up all my follicles as to be honest I dont understand it all and he said it would .. So If I only have 8 and use the clomid surely that would use them all up Confused Ive been googling and its says some places wont do any Fertility treatment IVF with follicle count of less than 2 some 4 HELP !!!!!!!!!
babyg1981
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
thank u so much for your advice ladies it means alot....its just so hard every month Sad when i had my surgery the doc was very happy with the outcome and he said he cant see why i wouldnt fall pregnant in the first year but if i dont then call back and he will start me on clomid...ive now started using the ovulation test kits because since my op my monthly cycles have all changed so hopefuly that helps Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:16 am 
Post subject:
Babyg a lot of people notice cycle changes after the op, being sterilised can actually affect the blood flow to your ovaries so after the reversal they can suddenly get a boost and you might notice cycle changes and that you actually feel more hormonal as well Rolling Eyes Laughing If he's willing to give you clomid I'd ask for it sooner rather than later as you can get scarring over time that can close your tubes back up so anything you can do to help give you a boost in the first 6-12 months is a good idea xx
Anna Hun the antral follicles they count are just the follicles at a set point in their lifecycle,
as it takes 90 days from them being so small they can't be seen (primordial follicles) which are the ones were born with and lie dormant until we need them to grow,
they then go through several stages on their way to becoming an egg that can be fertilised ,antral follicles are just ones that are between 2 and 10mm (differes a bit depending on who does the scan), the number of antral follicles show how many are likely to start developing into full sized follicles when you next ovulate, normally only one of these will be released as an actual egg and the rest die off a few days before that anyway ,
so most of us are wasting anything from 10-20 of are primordial follicles on a given month anyway, but because these follicles have already been triggered to grow into antral follicles at some point about 75 days before the beginning of that cycle then taking clomid on any given cycle won't affect how many actual follicles start to grow overall (there might be the odd one that was almost at the antral stage that perks up with the clomid and gets bigger quicker as well ), but even with IVF drugs women with low antral follicle counts will often not respond that well and clomid is much milder, so it will give the antral follicles you have that month a better chance of growing and maturing into a "proper" egg but it shouldn't speed up the process of "using up " the undeveloped eggs you have left in your ovaries .
Theres some disagreement about how good a test of ovartian reserve an antral follicle count is anyway , some docs say its only the smallest follicles that should be counted, some count all of them Question and they can't in any way "see" how many follicles you have left overall as they're too tiny,
and if you're only developing 8 or so rather than 15-20 at a time (up to 19 of which will be wasted anyway ) then it could just be our bodies way of making them last longer Question
Sorry for rambling, just trying to cover everything Embarassed
Did he say AMH? or LH ? was 7 ?
7 for AMH isn't that low ? Julie's was less than 1 and she still did well with her IVF Smile
If it was LH again its not that bad Question neither is the 6.6 for the FSH Question
I wonder why he told you 7.9 before Question 6.6 is within the normal range Question
Found this chart
AGE SPECIFIC b-FSH and AMH LEVELS
Age FSH AMH
< 33 Years < 7.0 mIU/mL = 2.1 ng/mL
33-37 Years < 7.9 mIU/mL = 1.7 ng/mL
38-40 Years < 8.4 mIU/mL = 1.1 ng/mL
= 41 Years < 8.5 mIU/mL = 0.5 ng/mL

Erm IVF question ,there's something called mild or mini IVF that they can do with women with an antral count as low as 1 or 2 where they use low dose drugs to go for one or two quality eggs Smile and it seems to be very successful Question
Oh and clomid while it might get you to release 2 or even 3 egg won't help with quality ? As you've recently tried clomid and it didn't work I'd maybe try something else next Question
Maybe look at doing everything you can to improve sperm and egg quality for 3 months , perhaps try the DHEA which is supposed to help make stronger eggs and see how you go and if no luck then maybe give the clomid a try again after a break Question
Same site also says this
"FSH is only a part of the picture
While FSH levels and AMH levels are important in assessing ovarian reserve, both have limitations. Neither FSH nor AMH can, indeed, categorically determine whether a woman can or cannot conceive, unless she has very high FSH levels. AMH can be completely undetectable for a woman to get pregnant with IVF, as over 50 pregnancies so far in women with undetectable AMH at CHR clearly demonstrates. Therefore, placing too much emphasis on high FSH and low AMH can be misleading "
its talking about for IVF but I suppose its the same for trying naturally Question and also this section
"DHEA treatment for high FSH and diminished ovarian reserve
Yet, perhaps the most important reason for not refusing fertility treatment to women with high FSH levels is this: Even with high FSH, women can conceive, if given proper treatment.

Over the last 5 to 6 years, hundreds of women with diminished ovarian reserve have received high FSH treatment at CHR and ended up conceiving after all, using an IVF protocol specifically developed for women with abnormally poor ovarian reserve. A central component is supplementation with dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) prior to IVF. Through extensive research, CHR has been able to demonstrate that DHEA supplementation for at least 6 weeks before start of an IVF cycle can dramatically increase pregnancy chances with IVF in women with high FSH. (Recently, a small-scale clinical trial from Israel also confirmed that DHEA supplementation is an effective treatment for high FSH levels, indicative of diminished ovarian reserve.)"

So it really might be worth giving the DHEA a shot for a while first before deciding whether to take clomid again or look into something else Question
It is advised now to not take clomid for more than 6 months as there are some issues with it increasing your risks of certain female cancers ( not massively but there is still a small risk because of the effects it has on your oestrogen levels Confused )
So just for me personally if I was going to try it again, I'd try to do everything I could first to make sure my eggs were the best they could be Smile
Found this post on a site for w2omen with high FSH Smile
Carol Posted 8 years ago #

Hi Maggie,
I am here as living proof that you CAN achieve pregnancy with a low antral follicle count. I went for only one consult with a well respected RE. I had a day 3 FSH of 16 and a VERY low antral follicle count. I think there was only one on one side and two on the other. As a result of this, the RE said that I only had a 1 to 2% chance of ever getting pregnant. At least he WAS kind enough to tell me that IVF was probably a poor choice because I wouldn't stim well. I was 42 at the time.

So I just took it upon myself to get as healthy as possible thru diet changes, etc. Did lots of alternative stuff to get myself in balance -- acupuncture, massage, Mayan abdominal massage, herbs, etc. I got pregnant only 4 months after seeing the RE. That pregnancy ended in a blighted ovum. But only two cycles of TTC after having a D&C, I got pregnant again. And now I have a healthy and wonderful 7 month old son (born when I was 43.11). AND I know for a fact that I had a low antral count the month I got pregnant with my son. My nurse practitioner did some ultrasounds for me and -- again -- I only had one follicle on one side and two on the other. I ovulated from the one and only follicle on one ovary. But it must have been a GOOD one because it resulted in my son. (I never did have my fsh tested again as I was never interested in that number again.)

So please take heart. I think the analogy of going 30 mph, but being consistent, is a very good one. It doesn't matter how many follicles or eggs your ovaries can produce. You only need ONE!!

I hope that helps.

Carol (from Colorado)

Just goes to show it can happen and it really does only take that one egg, I know you must be thinking it won't happen naturally after 19 months, but how many times on here do we see stories from woman saying I stopped trying (for whatever reason) and then that was the month I got my BFP Question
There is some evidence that the anxiety caused by long term TTC can actually reduce the chance of conceiving Rolling Eyes (because it actually affrects your natural hormone responses ) so if you can try and put trying on the back burner over Christmas you never know Smile Wink xx
Aww Angel hun it's sad to think you're leaving here without having had a baby Sad I feel the same a lot of the time though , I can pop on as long as its not just before or after AF Embarassed Laughing
It has been hard hasn't it Shocked beforehand i could never have understood how hard it would be Question
I'd have just thought all I have to do is have lots of sex and wait and see what happens Cool Laughing but its so much more than that isn't it , and I know I ended up actually hating my body Shocked which i wasn't prepared for and I turned into an obsessive loony Embarassed Laughing
It's actually been nice this month to not even think about OPK's etc. (although I still think I know when I ov'd Rolling Eyes ) but i'm sure with time it will get easier, anyway we know we gave it a shot now Smile can't do anymore than that can you Question Very Happy
Hope you have a fantastic time in Florida and FX we do bump into each other ,place can't be that big can it Question Laughing xxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 80 of 88

Jump to:  

Community

Popular