Getting Pregnant After Sterilisation Reversal Part 13..

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:07 am 
Post subject:
If it was a different brand and not an early test Shelly then it might have been a BFN just because the levels weren't high enough for it to detect Question , its definately worth using the same brand a couple of days apart if you get a faint line, FX AF doesn't show for you, you could be that lucky ,it has happened before on here Wink Laughing xx
Shellyrfc
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Thanks hun. Will do one tomorrow and see how i get on. FX I do get lucky lol and the witch dont arrive. Laughing xx
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am 
Post subject:
Hiya Nat,we are paying for the osteopathy,its quite expensive first app is £45 for 45mins then any apps after that is £35 but it has def made a diff to her,she really suffers with her tummy due to the milk she has been on but she is now fully weaned on neocate so hoping things will settle down soon but the tummy massage she showed me how to do really settles her when she crys with tummy pain.
The scan was about this bleeding,its still happening now and it what 13 weeks since Mia was born?! Anyway i had my scan and she said the lining of the womb was fine,my overys were fine (cyst on the right one which i have had forever) so no reason why i am still bleeding,i actually got an emergency app at the docs this morning as i have woken up with tummy and low back pain,wee was negative of anything so he is now treating me for PID Shocked i am panicking a bit in case it causes any problems Sad so am now on a week long course of 2 antibiotics Sad

Hope everyone is well XX
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone

Meesh congrats to you for passing your test, it's great to be able to jump in the car and go out, I'd be lost without mine!! Xx

Mand glad to hear mia is doing fine now, hope these anti b's will work a treat for you!! Xx

Meesh I can't believe liam is 24 weeks, harry is 18 weeks and the time has just flown by, he's loaded with cold at the mo and has got a really bad cough, but doc says its not on his chest so just got to ride it out!! Xx

Hi Nat and pumpkin, how u ladies doing, need to have a catch up on posts, I hope your both doing ok!! Xx

Got harry a new carseat today, those carry ones are not good, they kill me as he's just gettin so heavy now (17lb 4oz) now, we invested on one of the new Scandinavian ones that keeps the child rear facing for upto 4 yrs, apparently it's 5 times safer, and 5 times the price, £350 but I guess it's nothing to keep him safe!! Xx

Hoping you all have a great weekend!! Xx
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
Evening ladies well what a week I have had...I had to have swabs done before my X-ray of my tubes ect , I was so very mortified when I phoned the hospital for my swab results they said had Bacterial vaginosis OMG ..i asked what is it, (its when the bad bacteria in your V over takes the good bacteria upsetting my v PH levels ect..how do you get it .the nurse talked for a while went through if i was using any new products for example soaps or bubble baths famine deodorant, I said Iv started using soft cups but not the reusable ones and pre conceive gel and zestica fertility gels(I used these as they are individual single use its about £12 for 4 you used them on your 6 most fertile days why there's only 4 in a box beats me!!...we'd try one gel one month and the other the next it turns out all the gels ect you get to help sperm along don't always work well with your body Iv been told not to use any again.. I have no symtoms at all and if I did not have the swabs done I'd have been none the wiser ..so what I'm thinking if my PH level ect is the wrong way hubby's sperm have no chance.. On a weeks antibiotics then a re swab
My af normal arrives on day 26 and today's day 28
I had to do a PT on Wednesday before my arm op negative.
As this was my first month on clomid can it alter your cycle??.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:36 am 
Post subject:
Piggy don't worry BV is harmless to TTC, it's probably not the gels you've been using as they tends to be PH neutral, its so common when TTC because of the semen Shocked mens semen is slightly alkaline and womens natural PH is slightly acidic so when you're TTC and we start to lie there after sex with the semen inside plus have more sex anyway (well I know I did Question Laughing ) then the semen can affect your PH and kill off some of the good bacteria its fine for the sperm as they prefer it like that Rolling Eyes Laughing
So its more the imbalance in PH that causes the bacteria to die off than the other way round Smile
I 100% recommend Balance Activ rather than anti B's, the anti B's kill off the good bacteria as well so when you stop them the BV can come back but the balance activ is gel you put inside and it rebalances to the right PH and gives the good bacteria the right environment to come back :)It comes in a 7 pack if I remember rightly so you use them for a week and then I got another pack and I would use one after ov had finished for that month (and we were having a few days rest Laughing ) just to get things back to normal Smile and if you are a bit sore because of it they also ease that Smile
You can get it in Boots and most chemists, I had bouts of this when first TTC Rolling Eyes and the doc actually recommended this over the anti B's, be glad you have no symptoms as the main one is a strong fishy odour after sex or washing with soap products Shocked Shocked which then makes a lot of women wash more which actually makes it worse Rolling Eyes You can still use it with the anti B's if you want to take them , but avoid using it round ov time as it will kill of the sperm .
Clomid can definately alter your cycle and quite a lot of women with short cycles notice it lengthens them which makes sense as it will take longer for 2 or 3 eggs to mature than one Smile If you did ov later then wednesday might have been too early for a pos test , I presume it was a wee test ? As they're normally too tight to just do a blood one Rolling Eyes
If you don't know when you ov'd there no way to know when AF is due, and the clomid can lengthen your luteal phase a bit as well Smile xx
Lilemm wow £350 Shocked my first car didn't cost much more than that Shocked Laughing I know what you mean about the rear facing ones though , I've always preferred the 0-1 seats where you can keep them rear facing for longer over switching to forward facing ones , hopefully if manufacturers over here catch on to the scandinavian style seats the price will come down as there must be a lot of people who'd like to get one but can't afford it , imagine if you had twins Shocked Laughing Hope his cold gets better soon poor love Sad , I know since I've been taking extra vit C I never get colds Very Happy or I might get one starting one day and then it just goes by the next Shocked and I used to have a permanent cold all winter often with bad coughs and chest infections ( I had chronic chilhood bronchitis as a kid so i'm prone now) but you can get vit drops for babies with added vit C it might be worth a go if he's prone to colds too poor love Smile Question I don't think anything makes a baby more miserable than being snuffly and snotty and coughy (I know thats not a real word Laughing ) because they just can't get proper sleep can they Question xxx
JellyBean73
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:10 am 
Post subject:
Well if there was any doubt in my mind about the wicked witch starting it definitely did this morning. I think the last 3 days of spotting, was discharge from after the op, as I didnt have any bleeding after the op. So hopefully everything now has been flushed out and I can start ttc with earnst from the 7th November. As with all my girls I have concieved pretty much straight after my period ended.

For all the other ladies out there all your posts have been so educational. I thank you so much for posting as it has helped me so much.

Much baby dust to all trying to ttc at the moment xx Very Happy
Shellyrfc
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. i was just wondering if any of you had used the clearblue didgital tests or would any of you recommend them. x
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone

Thanks Lilemm have to say i am feeling much better in myself and the bleeding has stopped yay!!!

Piggy i had bv when i was preg with Mia,had some discomfort in my lower pelvis so the hosp took a swab and it came back with that,when i asked them what it was and how i got it they said its there all the time but the levels can be messed up a bit but nothing you do will prevent it its just one of those things,a course of antibiotics sorted it out for me,i wouldnt stop taking anything you are using to be honest.

Have got els throwing up this morning,we had a really bad night with mia,finally managed to nod off around 4.30 then els came in our room at 5am saying i feel sick,got her downstairs and she threw up and has not stopped since! Sad

Hope you all have a lovely sunday,we have got my stepson coming for his birthday dinner today,was hoping to go out for a walk but it is chucking it down here! Sad
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 am 
Post subject:
Do the NHS not do osteopathy for babies Mand ? It is a lot of money but if it makes her happier then i'm sure its worth it to you Very Happy I wouldn't worry too much about one bout of PID, it seems to be repeated infections or ones that aren't picked up that do more damage Smile xx
Shellyrfc the cb digis are good for after your period is due but not much use before for a lot of women as they're not very sensitive , the most sensitive are first response early response (not the standard FR's )and asda own brand are 15 miu as well and both meant for early testing Smile Some women swear by tesco own brand for getting their BFP's when no other test worked but they're not actually as sensitive (on paper anyway ) at 25miu Question I do think some tests just work better for some women than others , but for testing before AF isa due I'd get one that says early test on it and get a twin pack so you can test again with the same test 2 days later Very Happy xx
Aww sorry Jellybean good luck when you start trying again , do you have a short cycle ? Sometimes when women get pregnant from sex not long after their period ended its because the sperm got to their tubes and hung about there (for up to a week Shocked ) waiting for the egg Laughing after a reversal though because your tubes are trimmed and the op is done in the part of the tube where the sperm hang out and that bit could be much smaller or even not there or not working as well you might find you need to get the timing spot on to conceive Question So it could be worth trying every other day from after AF right up to just before you expect the next one, especially as sometimes this op can change your cycle a bit anyway Question I find keeping an eye out for ov signs really useful as once you know what you're looking for its surprising how obvious it is Shocked Laughing xx
How is everyone this morning ?
Hope you all got some sleep last night Shocked for some reason everyone round here seemed to think that letting off fireworks into the early hours was a great idea Rolling Eyes Laughing
Have a great sunday Ladies xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Morning All well the evil witch arrived in full flow last night Twisted Evil

Im begining to think whats the point in trying anymore and maybe its just not to be for what ever reason that may be ... Tried talking to Joe this am and typical man dont give a hoot Sad It does wind me up that im breaking my heart inside and hes so bloody cold about the hole thing ...

Think Id go insane if I dident off load on ere Smile

We do have a appointment on the 26th november with the cons to get Joes results but Im sure there all fine he had two babys ... The cons said there is no medical reason as to why Im not falling Prgenant Tube ok a little small but workd b4 Very Happy

SHELLYRC
I used clear blue digi I personally think there very good
meesh31
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Morning Everyone

Thanx Lilemm a cant believed i passed first time a new i had to do it now im 32 and not getting any younger lol, i decided to do a pass plus too so i did 3 hours yesturday doin the final 3 today then thats done so hopefully i wont be as nervous goin on motorways Laughing just glad its over with because its cost me a fortune lol
awww poor baby, Liam had a rattle on his chest last week and seemd abit off peak but he seems to be ok now its awful when they aint well and you cant do anything for them Sad they deffo grow too quick and im not liking that Laughing

Hope you all have a great day xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:23 am 
Post subject:
Aww Anna i'm sorry to hear that Sad It's not easy is it every month , I think men don't feel it the same as they don't get the hormone surges or symptom spotting, and don't get their hopes up like we do Question
I hope his results are all fine Smile Maybe its just a matter of getting that timing perfect Question Like I was saying to Jelly bean the bit removed from your tubes is often the bit that keep the sperm in "storage" so timing can become more critical Question and ov'ing on the side with the tube might be the only way your tube can grab the egg Question I know normally the tube can get the egg from either side but as yours is so short maybe you need to ov that side for it to grab it ? I know when i was looking at the stills from my Op I could see why my tube wouldn't have been able to grab the right side eggs from the position it was in before as it couldn't have got to the ovary or the pouch of douglas bit, ironically now its in a good position and looks like it could the bloody tubes blocked Rolling Eyes
I did wonder if when the tube is shortened it means its further away from the ovary on that side Question but because everythings sort of joined the ovary still ends up right at the end of the tube on the side where you have one so it should alwaqys be able to grab the egg from that side Smile
Did you get your last BFP with clomid ? Have you still got some now , sorry struggling keeping track or everyone Embarassed (old age I think Laughing ) Maybe it would help as you'd have more chance of ov'ing from both sides every month Question
Or perhaps IUI might be an option Question its not massively expensive privately and then you get millions of sperm right up at the entrance to the tube instead of about 20 Shocked Laughing xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 am 
Post subject:
Thankyou Nat Very Happy Concived Jake Naturally Shocked Hve taken 6 mths on clomid of 50mg

The gp did prescribe me some more the other day I managed to blag him into it Very Happy

I do belive that my Tube is to short to hold the sperm in like you said and the fact that its so small carnt grab egg from other side Confused Confused

I have thought about IUI Will have to look into cost ect
Im just worried Im not getting any younger Ive just turned 36 Shocked And very aware I dont have time on my hands
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 am 
Post subject:
You've got ages yet at 36 Very Happy although definately the sooner the better isn't it , I hope the clomid does the trick for you Very Happy
Have you ever noticed that one side is dominant ?
I know a lot of women supposedly have a dominant right ovary, and i'm sure mine is Confused (stupid left ovary hardly ever seems to do anything Rolling Eyes although it seemed to have plenty of follicles on it in the pics Question )
From what I've read about clomid it gives you a good chance of releasing eggs from both ovaries (wish I'd known sooner so I could have got it when I had my Op Confused ) so FX with that you'll have at least one egg on the same side as your tube every month Smile and you should be in with a good chance Smile
I think IUI was about £800 when I looked it up, so still pricey , but nowhere near the cost of IVF Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 78 of 88

Jump to:  

Community

Popular