day sleeping at 11 weeks

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:31 pm 
Post subject: day sleeping at 11 weeks
did your baby sleep or not?

i seem to have a baby that hardely sleeps at all during the day! i get three lots of 20 mins at the most!
if you did have a baby that didnt have big sleeps do they now and when did they start!
im going out of my mind! if he did this at night id need matchsticks to hold my eyes open!

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
sorry cant really help much as my daughter was the same, even when she got older and only had 1 nap it was 45 mins max! but she was a good night sleeper and did 12 hours from 10 weeks

kelchatters
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

My little boy is just coming upto 6 months and has never been a great day sleeper, get between 45mins - 1 hour 30. However of a night sleeps fab, 6.30pm - 6.15-7.15am so hang onto that, you may have a baby that is a good night sleeper.

I am getting used to it a bit more during the day, however used to drive me up the wall !!! I try and get out with him in the pram, go park etc to brake the day up!! xx
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:40 am 
Post subject:
he will sleep 7 hours then 4 hours at night so that sees us from 9pm till 7am but i just wish he would have just one bigger sleep in the day!

oh well maybe when he gets a bit more active!

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Cant remember age, but with my eldest, she would only nap for twenty mins at a time for a while. What did help though was only letting her be up for a max of an hour and a half before trying her for another nap. If she didnt go, would leave for another hour and a half and start again. After a little while her naps did lengthen.

The hour and a half thing ensures baby is not over tired, which in itself can cause them to sleep for less. It's an interpretation of the EASY routine, Eat, Activity (including nappy change),Sleep and You time.

It worked really well for us with our eldest and using EASY mostly with my ickle 3 month old this time too. HE is in a very good napping routine, napping for about 5 hours total in day time, stretched across 3-4 naps a day.

But then night time he goes 4-5 hours then every2-3 hours/ Guess i cant have it all! LOL

Mandy xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular