Pooping at 16 weeks...

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:45 pm 
Post subject: Pooping at 16 weeks...
Our baby boy is 16 weeks tomorrow, completely breastfed and although he is a bit dribbly at the moment due to suspected pre-teething... this happened before the dribble:
When he was littler he had the classic, scrambled egg nappies... and he actually had one after every feed... which I was told was 'normal' but unlucky as some only poop once every other day at that stage
But then he started pooping once daily and now he will poop once every 36-48 hours... which is fine... but his poop is completely liquid - no scrambled egg etc now - just totally fluid. It's not a LOT of poop or explosive or anything, is the normal amount and he doesn't find it uncomfortable to go or strain etc, it's the right colour as such - just not the same consistancy. Now in my mind I figured that the scrambled egg is where they don't fully digest the milk... so now he is able to fully digest the milk (which is why he poops less often, because it takes longer...) then it is totally digested and so poop is liquid because that's all he's taking in... does that make logical sense?

Horrid as it sounds - what did your baby poop look like at 16 weeks? Is this normal? I can ask the HV next week when we go to clinic but wanted an answer earlier if I could to put my mind at rest! Smile He's a very happy chappy - not in pain or anything and always content after feeds... I don't see what else it could be?
x

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
I cant properly remember with sophia, but the best way i can describe her nappies before she started on food, was like a korma curry sauce!lol

With Josh, his nappies are just as you describe, smooth, not scrambly and every 24-72 hours and i also figured the same as you, its just his digestion improving.

Sure he is just fien as he is nice and happy and no change in temperament. Sounds to me pretty normal for a breastfed bubs.

Mandy xx
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Mandy! Smile I think it must be - he certainly is happy and gaining weight etc Smile x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular