first time mummy and i got lots of questions

callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:54 pm 
Post subject: first time mummy and i got lots of questions
this is my first baby and im a bit scared but im so happy. im 5 weeks pregnant and due on october 14th Very Happy id like to know if its normal at this stage to have slight cramps ?
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:46 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya and congrats on your pregnancy......its normal to have cramps in eraly pregnancy so nothing to worry about unless you have bleeding toxx xx
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:08 pm 
Post subject: thanx...
i was kinda worried about the cramps but youve put my mind at rest now, theres no bleeding so i gess baby,s fine Very Happy
BIGRED10
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:52 pm 
Post subject: xo
Hi callyann91, congrats on ur pregnancy, im due on the 12th October so very close. Ive had a lot of period type cramps and the docs said that this is v normal so dont worry and enjoy ur pregnacyxoxoxo
mummy2be1
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
the earlier stages of pregnancy are the worst i thought!! i was only sick for about a week but suffered really bad with migraines! after about 10weeks everything seems to settle down! remember your hormones are playing havoc with your body and you do get use to them in the end!! and also once you've had your dating scan adn you see your little baby on the screen it all seems worth it trust me!!!!

xx
lucybourne
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:39 am 
Post subject:
Hi,

I am at the same stage as yourself and find i have terrible cramps - well more like really bad period pains actually. i called nhs direct and had a chat coz i was worried but was told not to worry as its just your hormones playing up and your body adjusting to the change. im due the day after you!
Congratulations and good luck!!
Tulip81
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All To be Mums
This is the first time I have posted a note in the "first pregnancy" forum. I have been use to clicking on the trying to concieve forum but myself and my partner have recieved the best news this week that we are expecting our first baby after trying for 2 months so I feel so lucky. My baby is due on my 30th birthday this year 25th Oct (I am only just 4.5 weeks pregnant)

I am so pleased to see this topic about cramps. Tues, Wed and Today I have experienced period type cramps....I have been abit worried. I have no bleeding atall just feel bloated and cramps.....does anyone know when the cramps will go - why are we getting them? I wondered whether it was due to the egg attaching to the uterus wall? Thanks for any feedback Very Happy
Erinv
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:06 am 
Post subject: cramping
I am in week 9 and still cramping...I was a bit worried until I talked to my sister and also my doctor. Our uteruses are cramping because of all the growing and stretching. My doc also assured me that the feeling of 'pulling' my groin muscle was normal too that sometimes just the way everything connects in that area it can feel that way. Does anyone else think baby grows at night? I wake up in the morning and I feel my abdomen so tight it is like I ate a big meal only lower and then it relaxes through the morning.
Tulip81
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Erin V
Thanks for the feedback - it is very reasurring. I too wake up very bloated with a heavy belly in the mornings...feels like I have eaten a curry late the night before and full of wind! it eases as the morning goes on..... Wink
lucybourne
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
i feel like that but just before i go to bed, this whole experience is totally weird to me i get so many different feelings and cramps and aches, does anyone know why we get the tight feeling?
lauree
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
the midwife told me thats its our organs moving to make way for the baby! i had these cramps before i knew i was expecting, so to me it was a period without the bleed. i was quite impressed and boasting to work pals how id had the best peroid ever( hence no bleed) when they looked at me like i was stupid and asked if it was possible i was pregnant! which i was and am now the proud mommy of 1 year old joey! and certainly a bit more clued up!
nadine101
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
i had cramps and bleeding early in my pregnancy im 24 weeks now but i wa really scared in the first few months just go to ur docs or midwife if ur concerned or in pain its somtimes normal to have cramps and bleeding its called spotting and it means the baby has lacked on to one side or ur womb and there a tiny gap at the other side where u get a tiny spec of bleeding from but its nothingto worry about honestly its normal as the baby developed the gap goes away but if ur worried about any pains or cramp speak to ur midwife or doctor about ur worrys they will explain spotting and check out any pains or cramps
schnuggles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Please, please, please do not worry about feeling menstral type cramps during early pregnancy. I am 28 weeks pregnant and I had cramps, bloating and general PMS type symptoms thus I told every one alas no baby this month. Imagine their surprise and my embaressment when a week or so later I had to tell them I wasn't pre menstral I was pregnant. I had no idea. I was sooo sure I was pre menstral. My midwife said that it is perfectly normal and was just my body reacting to the sudden change in hormones.

Good Luck and all the Best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular