Nap routine

AliJo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject: Nap routine
I'd got my 4 month old daughter into a good nap routine, 1/2hr in the morning, 1hr midday and 1/2hr in the afternoon. This is based on her waking up at 7am. However, sometimes she'll wake up at 6am or 8am. I've then adjusted the nap times either forward or back a hour. if she's not awake by 7am, should I wake her to get the naps the same time each day? Or if she wakes late, should I skip the moring nap?
She's also started not napping as long at midday, 1/2hr instead of 1hr and I don't know why? How can I get her to nap for longer?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:22 am 
Post subject:
Babies naturally change their sleeping habits as they get older and generally there's not a lot you can do about it Question You might find she drops the mid day nap and then sleeps a bit longer in the afternoon Question
I wouldn't wake her at 7 am unless you need to as babies are pretty good at knowing how much sleep they need and a woken baby can be a grumpy baby and she might then decide to nap even earlier or just be in a bad mood all morning Shocked
I'd be guided by her as to whether to skip her morning nap if she wakes late, if she starts yawning or eye rubbing or any other behaviours that show she's tired (playing with their ears was a common one with mine Laughing ) then she probably needs to sleep even if she did wake up late Question
you just have to follow her lead really Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular