Why am I still bleeding? Please help :'(

Nomechompski
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am 
Post subject: Why am I still bleeding? Please help :'(
Had a caesarean 6 weeks ago now. Why am I still bleeding? I'm so fed up now has anyone else experienced this?

Two weeks ago the bleeding had practically stopped for a fee days. I had sex with my partner again and i started bleeding again. I assumed this was my period or something.

Yesterday and the day before there was no bleeding. Now I've just been to the loo and there'd bright red blood again.

Why is this happening to me still?! Is there something wrong it's been 6 weeks. I dunno what to do I'm so annoyed with myself Crying or Very sad
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 am 
Post subject:
It does happen sometimes, its awful isn't it Sad 6 weeks is pretty average altho some do bleed for less.

I also had a c-section, bled for about 4 weeks and like you it stopped a couple of times and restarted again, the stopping and restarting lasted about 2 weeks. Smile

gosh bd-ing already, no way I felt like that after 6 weeks Laughing Laughing

Nomechompski
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Yeah it's really annoying!! I'm feeling really down about it because I jut got some really nice new jeans from the catalogue, i ben ordered them a size bigger than normal and they've came and they don't fit me Mad Obviously I've put on a bit of weight which I'd like to loose, but I wanna start running and going to the gym and stuff and I can't because I think it will make me bleed more! Of like to have stopped bleeding first but it doesn't seem to be happening quickly!

I hope it doesn't last for more weeks and it's almost finished.

Me and OH we're BDing often until around two weeks before the section! I felt like I couldn't wait to start doing it again then as soon as the bleeding stopped we did but it was quite painful to be honest, which I wasn't really expecting! I thought it would be like normal.

I just want to be all normal again!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry about the running etc. making you bleed more, it's normal and there's only so much to come out so it might make it stop quicker Smile it's just like exercising on your period Question
i know my post natal bleeds lasted less time after my natural births because I went straight back to doing all the normal stuff whereas after the sections it took longer because you're not as active at the beginning Question It doesn't carry on for ever though and this bleeding now could be a period as 6 weeks or so is quite a common time to get your first period Question Once thats over with it normally settles down Smile
Don't forget after a baby everything inside has changed shape and position a bit as well so whther you have a natural birth or a section sex can still feel a bit weird at first and because you're more tense and maybe don't have as much natural lubrication as well with the hormones it can make it more uncomfortable, something like KY might help with that perhaps Question xx
Nomechompski
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:54 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for that advice Nat. Maybe I will start the excercising, I didn't think of it like that!

I'm just so sick of bleeding now, I want to be back to normal! I totally underestimated how I'd feel after a section. I wish I could of had a normal natural birth. But Scarletts here now anyway and boy does she let us know she's here sometimes lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular