Egg donation - questions?

AlliWant
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:25 am 
Post subject: Egg donation - questions?
Hi I havent posted for months..hope everyone is ok. Dont know if anyone will remember but my only chance of becoming a mummy is egg donation. My sister offered and was tested but unfortunately her eggs could not be used in ivf. My cousin has now offered but has a couple of questions. I thought someone on here would know the answers Smile
She has had the 'ten year' coil fitted and asked would this have to be removed and also with the medication and injections would there be any weight gain? Is this a common problem?
Many thanks for taking the time to read and I hope someone can answer the questions so that i can get the ball rolling ..... AGAIN!! Smile
susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi .
I'm not really able to help as such but guessing your cousin may use a drug called gonal f which a lot of us on here use.
On the leaflet it says a side effect is weight gain, though thankfully I don't appear to have put on any weight. I think it's different for everyone .

I hope she goes through with it .

Good luck xx
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi thanks for replying Smile i have everything crossed that she will go through with it. although i will understand if she doesnt... i'm seeing my consultant tomorrow so she might be able to let me know what drugs she would be using and then i'll just have to let her know... keep everything crossed for us! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular