April 2013 Birth Club

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies I did join the may mummies thread but turns out I was wrong and I shud be due apr 21st Very Happy so sorry to hear about ur loss pixiedust that must be terrible for u Sad

Anybody seen a midwife yet? I have to wait for them to get in touch with me which is very annoying but what can u do lol how's everyone feeling? I'm nauceous until I eat in the morning and sometimes feel a bit dizzy and hot :/ xx
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies! Smile

I used this forum when I was pregnant with my little guy back in 2010 and have been having a bit of a walk down memory lane reading all my old posts this afternoon!

After a miscarriage 11 months ago we are now expecting our second little one on 8th April next year. We were very cautiously excited, especially after having a scan at the EPAU 2 weeks ago for bleeding & cramps which said we were measuring 10 days behind what we should have done... But have had a second private scan this morning to reassure and calm the nerves and all is going well. So happy and enormously relieved! These early weeks can drive you crazy when you've had a loss in the past... But am finally feeling as though I can relax a little more. Thank goodness!

8w2d today, have booking appointment sorted for 13th September when I will be 10w3d. Have only told one very close friend, not even told parents yet because we were so worried about everything ending before it had started. We've decided to get both sides of the family together for Hubbys and my 3rd wedding anniversary on 12th September and announce then. Really looking forward to having everything out in the open!

Hope everything is going well with others! ... Pixiedust, I am so sorry for your loss. I went through a mmc and D&C in 2006 and know there are just no words, but I hope you start to heal soon Sad xxx

Sazzarina
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Congrats angelnandrew And chantellecollier Very Happy

I've got my first mw app on Monday 10th so looking forward to getting the ball rolling. Hopefully should have my scan date sent through after that. Exciting!! Although I'm much more emotional this time around which makes me worry a bit more. But hey I just have to keep telling myself that everything will be fine unless told otherwise as there's nothing I can do so no point worrying too much Sad

I'm still getting nausea most of the time and can't eat much although I've found pistachio nuts really help!! We have no history of nut allergies so I'm not worried from that aspect. This time it seems to be going really quickly as last time I remember counting the days!! Haha

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy!! Xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya all how are we getting on? Any signs your starting to feel better yet?

I can't book in with a mw until I move on Friday by which time I'll be almost 11 weeks, and I can't do the mw thing until I've registered with the docs, all of which I can't do until AFTER I move as I'll have no proof of address until theh, so I'll be getting on for almost 12 weeeks before I can even register with GP Twisted Evil so goodness knows how late my scan will be Sad

Bdeen feeling not too bad, apart from in the evenings I get this strange almost choked type feeling like I have something stuck in my gullet which ladies on here reliable tell me is likely to be heartburn lol, which I didn't get last time despite the amount of hair my son was born with lol.

Who is finding out what sex they are having, we aren't Very Happy we didn't last time either Very Happy

chantellecollier
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 am 
Post subject:
Trace - hope you manage to get everything sorted quickly! What a load of messing about!! Shocked

Things have been bobbling along pretty nicely over here... Had my booking appointment with my midwife this morning. All seems alright, she booked my NT scan for Monday 8th October. I thought it seemed a little far away, but didn't think too much of it.

After getting home I worked out my dates and realised that I would be 14 weeks exactly on that day. I called the ultrasound department and apparently there's been a bit of confusion over the best time to have me in. Because I had a very early scan at the EPAU at what they worked out to be 5 weeks, those are the dates they were going from. I explained that because that date was so far out of what I should be (10 days - I should have been 6w3d), I'd had a second private scan for reassurance 2 weeks later, and they'd dated me exactly as I thought I should be, the same as my LMP (8w2d on the day of the second scan).

The lady I was on the phone with said she would speak to the doctor, get them to look at my first ultrasound images and work out exactly where I was at that time. Because the doctor who had done the scan was still in training, there may have been some margin of error. She came back to me saying that I was definitely only 5 weeks on 18th August according to the pictures, and they didn't usually use private scans to date anything, only going from what they'd done themselves. But because there's a certain time frame the NT scan needs to be done in, and because they usually book them in around 12 weeks, they would use the private scan as a marker and move my date forward. If it was too early they could always rebook, but they couldn't do it again if it was too late.

So I am now booked in for 24th September, a week on Monday. When I should be 12 weeks exactly according to my LMP and my second early scan. What a load of messing about!

I can't wait for this NT scan to be over so I have some clarity over my dates one way or another. Because of all the to-ing and fro-ing this morning I'm starting to feel quite nervous again. Why can things never just be straight forward, eh? Too much to ask? Probably! Laughing

Anyway. Hope all is well with everyone else. Sorry for the rambling post, just wanted to get thoughts out while everything is still fresh in my mind! Smile

Oh, also - I think we probably will find out the sex when the time comes. I didn't want to last time, but Hubby did, and we ended up finding out. So we probably will this time too.

chantellecollier
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:44 pm 
Post subject:
Another quick update - don't feel so nervous any more!! Have been trying on and off for a few days to hear baby's heartbeat with our doppler (bought during my last pregnancy) and I just heard it!! Got it on video and everything.

Absolutely amazing. Wonderful. Over the moon happy!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

chantellecollier
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Hope everyone is well!

Had my scan on Monday afternoon, was lovely to see our little Sprout dancing away on the screen Smile sonographer said everything looked great.
Was measuring 12 weeks exactly, just as I should have been, so still due 8th April. Had the NT test & bloods done, just waiting on results now.
We've announced the pregnancy to everyone now, and am very happy to have it all out in the open... Everyone finally knows why I've been so exhausted and sick over the last two months! Haha.

Hope someone else checks in soon... Would love to know how all you other ladies are doing! Has anyone else had their scan yet?

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
I'm still around just keep forgetting about this thread!! Had my booking appt 2 asks ago but mw has been to my house today to finish it?! All good here but still waiting for my scan date :/ me says to ring next Thursday of I still haven't heard anything.

Trace how are you getting on with getting a mw??

Glad everything was ok with your scan chantelle. Makes it more real doesn't it?? Still don't quite believe there's a bubba in there.. My Doppler came today sobgonna have a tinker tonight and se if I can find anything not too bothered if not I know its early lol.

Hows your symptoms?? I've been super lucky this time I had nausea for a clue of weeks but onot actually been sick once Smile tired and hormonal but other than that all good Smile xx
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

First Time Mummy here, EDD 14/04/13 EEEKKkk! Congratulations to you all. Looking forward to hearing more from everyone as our bumps grow x
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations Sbxo Smile

how is everyone feeling?? feel a bit rubbish in general atm but mostly cos im not sleeping cos im paranoid i am not really pg.. lol! got another week till my scan when ill be 13+2..

has everyone else had there scans now?

Hope your all well!

Rachel x
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
How is everyone doing? we seem to have all disappeared! hope your all doing well!

is anyone in maternity clothes yet? my belly just seems to be filling out the flubber that was already there so no noticable bump yet!

have any of you started shopping yet?? i have most essentials but waiting for my 20 week scan to buy anything like clothes and cot bedding but i have bottles/steriliser etc a swing and my pram! mostly second hand but with this being my 3rd everything is on a budget Smile

anyway hope your all well!

Rachel x
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
helllo all, sorry not been on life has been manic to say the least. I'm doing ok, finally got a scan at 14 weeks and they put me forward 5 days so now due 4th April Smile Having said that I'll be having baby in March now as having a planned c-section.

Got my 20 week scan a week today, terrified again, scans don't fill me with joy Sad I'm always so petrified.

So how are we all doing?

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
im hoping for a planned c-sec/ early induction but ill still be an april mummy as baby is definately due on the 23rd april as my 13 week scan showed.

im sure your scan will be fine Smile will you be finding out the sex?

i have my 20 week scan on the 6th december and it feels like forever away! plus i dont see my mw till the 2nd of jan so feels weird to think i wont see her till next year! on the plus side ive managed to change midwifes and my new midwife is so lovely! shes referred me for physio due to spd pains starting already and referred me to the consultant to discuss early induction/ c-sec.. so fingers crossed im going to get the care i need this time Smile

have you felt your baby yet trace?? i keep thinking i have but then nothing for a while so im not sure...
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 am 
Post subject:
Great news rach re:mw, always makes a difference when you have a nice one. I have to have a new one on my next visit so hopefully she will be as nice as my last one Smile

I also keep thinking I've felt baby move and then doubt myself, but then I didn't feel Alex move till I was 23 week pg ish before, so maybe it will be same again.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
this thread seems to have gone super quiet again! how is everyone doing? is anyone still around? i have my 20 week scan tomorrow Very Happy excited to finally be able to go shopping haha!

i see the midwife consultant next week too for the first time. fx shes nice cos i dont do well at making my point with mean people haha. i have to go on my own too as my oh has to work..

Hope your still alright and blooming Smile

Rachel xx
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular