Wind/ teething

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:21 pm 
Post subject: Wind/ teething
Hi ladies,

Is there anything I can give my almost 4 month old for wind? Bum wind. He quite often cries in the evening, pulling his legs up and farting a lot....but this past 2 days he's been really crying all day long, he's farting away on my lap right now, the only time he's not crying is when he has a nap. And last night was the first night in ages that he was really unsettled.
He does seem to be showing signs of teething also, chewing his hands, drooling etc

He's on cow and gate, 5 6oz bottles every 3and a half hours, he prefers to go 4 hrs between feeds but it's the only way I can get his 5 bottles in as he sleeps 10pm til 8am, hardly ever finishes a bottle though...
Any advice?

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
I personally would follow your babies lead, if he quite happy feeding every 4 hours then do that. I really wouldn't stress about trying to get a set amount down him either, he will take what he needs. That may be why he has wind, if he's overfull he will have tummy ache. I breastfed my lo for 5 months, then when i switched to formula unused to worry she wasn't taking enough as the box used to say 30oz and she used to have 22oz. However she put weight on nicely and followed the same growth line, so I ended up just following her lead

Xxx
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
i agree with Jonie, let him go 4 hours between feeds, my daughter was only on 4 bottles by 4 months, although she was on 7-8oz hungry milk! i spent ages worrying about how often she fed, how much she had etc, but if i could do it all again i would just go with what she wants.

as for the wind you could try gripe water, or infacol. i was also recommended to try weak peppermint tea cooled.

my daughter was very windy from her bum, and the hv just kept putting it down to colic, but im pretty sure it wasnt. she still has days now where she is really bad, but i think thats down to her age and thinking its funny Rolling Eyes

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies! Yes I always hated how the HV would say as long as they are having their 5 bottles!! And as for the guidelines on the milk box, don't think any of them have been close. I will try that then...just worried as even when going 4 hours between feeds before he started sleeping through the night he wouldn't take a full 5 or 6 oz...but it s worth trying... Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular