Baby rice is so boring

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 am 
Post subject: Baby rice is so boring
Hi

Started weaning. Do I have to give baby rice? Is that to get them used to food?

Can I give him mashed up veg and plain mashed potato (no butter/salt)?

Terri xx

NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am 
Post subject:
A starchy I would say, I would stick to baby rice for the delicate tummy.
Plus I have heard if you wean on to adult food to quick it causes stomach problems later on in toddlers.
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
At 4 months i would say best to stick with baby rice. If he was 6 months i would say give some other stuff a go but hes a bit wee just now for anything else i think x

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 am 
Post subject:
Oh right.

How long for?

You'd think I remembered with the first but I don't!

Terri

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Carrots are a good early weaning food , slightly sweet, not too starchy and easily pureed and gentle on tums Smile i think one of the reasons baby rice is used a lot is because you can add milk so it has a familiar taste Question , but as milk is slightly sweet and so are carrots then babies will tend to eat them with no problems Smile
I would just stick to fruits and veg for now and only introduce new things very gradually maybe one a week so you can see if anything has a bad effect but you don't have to only give baby rice Smile I found some bizarre fruit and veg combos went down really well, like carrot and apple Shocked Laughing
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 am 
Post subject:
I used carrots as one of Belles earliest weaning foods, then when she was about 6 months i went nuts pureeing everything i could and she bloody loved it! I used to go shopping late in the evening, buy up the reduced veg and puree it that night to freeze, I used to love some of her purees lol!

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Seems like carrot may be a winner.

I've only been giving one meal per day this week of baby rice I have also change the consistency as the days have gone on and it now have 10 spoons milk to 1 and a half of baby rice. Next week I will increase it to 2 meals per day and by the end of the second week I will try and do 2 spoons of rice to 10 spoons of milk.

May be carrot for the 3rd week then, by then he'll be nearly 5 months.

He's showing the signs of wanting foods like staring at us when we eat (like a begging dog) and chewing on his fingers he also opens his mouth if we put a spoon next to it. He guzzles down his baby rice.

Terri xx

NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
xxOliverAndMaxsMummyxx wrote:
Oh right.

How long for?

You'd think I remembered with the first but I don't!

Terri

I don't know I have forgotten too Laughing
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 am 
Post subject:
mine never liked baby rice and I went for rusk (I know people don't like rusks lol) but they loved it!!

Also the only thing I avoided was meat and eggs till 6 months, everything else they tried and I weaned both early, one on nthe advice of a dietician as he had severe reflux and one because she was a hungry monster, one purees mainly at the begining then the other a mix of puree and blw, charlotte still only has 5 teeth and its unreal what she can eat! xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular