bad breath

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:11 pm 
Post subject: bad breath
I've noticed the past week that craig seems to have a funny smell coming off him when he breathes out his nose or mouth. Its almost like a smelly cheese smell Confused His teeth are brushed every day so i dont think its that but worried in case he has something stuck up his nose causing it, as it does seem worse when he breathes out his nose. Also he has been getting a lot of snot recently which he refuses to let me wipe. I need to pin him down a couple of times a day to just wipe what is visible so cant tell what is actually up his nose!

Also read that dummies can cause bad breath which he still takes for naps and sleep so i dunno Confused

Anyone any advice?

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
The snot and bad breath can be a sign of enlarged adenoids, Archie has a nasal drip/adenoids so always has snotty nose, sometimes bad breath (usually just before a bout of tonsilitis) and a hack, wouldn't say a cough as its more a clearing you throat type thing, think it can just happen, Archie has been referred to ent to check it over and possibly adenoids/tonsils out and grommets in as he has glue ear to Rolling Eyes xx

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yes think you might be right... My boy had his tonsils and adenoids removed in June and doesn't get bad breath any more. He had sleep apnoea rather than recurrent tonsillitis which is why they took them out.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
He hasn't shown any signs of having a sore throat or anything. Also (sorry this will be disgusting) today i managed to pick a tiny bit of dry snot from his nose (which is an achievement as he literally runs the min he thinks i'm going to try and touch his nose!) and when i smelled it, it smelled like what his bad breath smells like so i'm becoming even more convinced its something stuck up there. Dont have a clue what to do though Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular