Getting baby off breast

bethjayne
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:29 pm 
Post subject: Getting baby off breast
My son eats and drinks but after every meal screams at me for boob! He screams and screams and I will admit I can't cope and give in. He is happiest when im sat with my boobs out like some sort of sll you can ear buffett. He's just turned one and I have loved breast feeding but want to get my body back to normal, my boobs are so big and heavy I have really bad back pain. Any tips to slowly get him off so he doesn't really notice x I have tried filling him up and he won't take a dummy.
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
As he's now over one, could you offer him cows milk in a special tuppycup or even in a bottle if he prefers? You could even warm the milk slightly? Or use a follow on milk formula? Perhaps by offering him something 'close' but not quite, he'll be a little happier? You could always hold him close for cuddles afterwards so he doesn't lose that closeness with you that he obviously enjoys when BF? Smile
I'm a first time mummy so sorry I don't have any good advice, but those are the only ideas I would try if I were there! Smile
Hope something works for you. From what I understand, its normal for resistance to weaning off boob, babies love it and of course they won't want to give it up easy, but they all get there eventually! Smile
xxx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Will he take an expressed feed in a cup or bottle?

Could you try offering him an ebm bottle/cup after one meal each day and once he is happy with that after two meals, then finally after each main meal of the day.

After one, i had Sophia having cows milk in a cup in the day time, just bf at night and in the morning.

I found that having a Cow cup helped as it was her own special milk cup. You can get them in most supermarkets or in Boots/Mothercare i believe.

You could also if he will take the ebm, slowly start using less and less ebm and adding more and more cows milk so that eventually no ebm in cups, just cows milk. For example start full ebm, then after a few days one ounce cows, rest ebm, after next few days 2 ounces cows and rest ebm etc etc.

Hope all goes well, let us all know how you get on, it is a tough one, although i found sophia went through fairly naturally, i just cut out a feed at a time, wehn she stopped drinkign for as long at that feed.

Mandy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular