dummy gone and now sleep issues

hlb
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:46 pm 
Post subject: dummy gone and now sleep issues
Hi, well i am on day three after taking Oliver's dummy away. He is 2 1\2 years old now so its time and he seemed to accept the idea when we discussed it. He's only asked for it once so id say that is pretty good but sleep time is a real issue. He only had his dummy for sleeping so i keep thinking maybe there is no harm him having it, but he'll have to do this at some point right? I feel like we're back to baby issues tho with him crying before bed and we're back to trying controlled crying, then the same in the night. The last two nights he's come in with us at 5am although he was crying for an hour before he came in last night. I don't really want to start that again but oh bought him in before i could object!

Has anyone else had that problem when taking the dummy away? How long did it last?
Kx
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Have no experience of this am afraid as mine rejected dummies in the early days, but could you try replacing the dummy with something like a comfort blanket to hold?

Mandy xx
pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:59 am 
Post subject:
Think I'd stick to the controlled crying route you were going down and just go to reassure him now and again. Definately wouldn't bring him into bed with you though. He basically needs sleep training again that's all. Just be consistent in your approach and I'm sure it won't be long before he's sleeping better Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular