BLW it all makes sense!

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 am 
Post subject: BLW it all makes sense!
my friend gave me a book about baby led weaning. i started reading it yesterday, and i was 4 pages in and it was making so much sense to me! and it was only describing the history of baby weaning and all the advice given over the decades and centuries, why didnt someone give me this book 3 years ago when i was weaning my daughter it wouldve saved all the wasted time making up meals and then trying desperately to make her take some from a spoon, seriously my stress levels were through the roof trying to get her to eat, watching all my friends kids eat spoonful after spoonful and my daughter only managing an ice cube amount of food. all the crying couldve been avoided if only i had read it sooner!
in 3 months time when i start to wean my son i am now more positive than ever about BLW.
has anyone else done the spoon thing and found it stressful and then found baby led with their second? did it all go well?

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Archie had severe reflux and I weaned early but it was hard and he still threw up everywere, I tried to change over to blw and he had such a strong gag reflex he was still sick alot with that, he took ages to get onto proper solids and still struggles with certain things.

Charlotte we did a bit of both, but mainly blw as it was so much easier, her favourite foods now are still things cut up like carrots, cheese, bits of chicken and hommous, she loves the stuff lol although she will eat almost anything and it really helps archie see her eating so well as he will try new stuff too xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Jenneve - which book is it? I've been recommended one by a lady called Gill Rapley but have to wait for my library to get it in - if I read and think it's worth buying I shall go buy. I read an NCT book about weaning but was all about purees and I read the Annabel Karmel book on weaning which again is all about purees but as it talks about puree then puree with lumps etc I wonder if I could perhaps use this alongside BLW as I don't mind using some puree and making up some meals... but I do want to know more about BLW... so which book did you love? Smile
xxx

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:57 am 
Post subject:
yep its the gill rapley one. its really good. definately get it from the library as you will only need to read once. it has no recipies you have to make, amounts or guidelines to follow. its just so easy!

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
I've ordered it in! Smile x

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 am 
Post subject:
I had the Gill Rapley one.

I only have one and did blw and found it so easy and stress free. Its good fun as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular