Sterilizing bottles

stephyallen
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:03 am 
Post subject: Sterilizing bottles
Hey All long time no speak! hope all is well!

Just wondering when you ladies stopped putting your babies bottles in the sterilizer?

I read something that said when they start exploring with their mouth you can stop, any advice would be good Smile

Thanks
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun - how are you guys????? Not heard from you in yonks - all ok?

Ive read its best to do bottles etc till a year - and if u can just continue until they stop using bittles teats dummies etc as they can breed bacteria quickly - so i think ill do it until a year but when stops using teets ill stop

X
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hey! yeah were all ok! still waiting to move into a house! OH just got a job which is great for us all now! just tired most of the time hehe!

how are you Claire hope you are well xx
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
Fab news!!!!! Less stress the better! Hope ur all loving being together as a lil family

We r good too - oh work is really slow so he looks after issy most days n i do 4 days a week which is tough as nothing at home gets done lol - but i am so glad they have had the time to bond together as it was one of my worries- issys got her first tooth come through

X
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
i did it until 9 months, when i got a new microwave and the sterilizer wouldnt fit in it. I just used to make sure the bottles were washed well, then pour boiling water over them before using

stephyallen
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
Awww has she! Rubie has her 2 front teeth at the bottom atm its so cute and to sit and watch her with her tongue on them is funny too!

Glad everything is alright for you xx
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Clairebear30 wrote:
Hey hun - how are you guys????? Not heard from you in yonks - all ok?

Ive read its best to do bottles etc till a year - and if u can just continue until they stop using bittles teats dummies etc as they can breed bacteria quickly - so i think ill do it until a year but when stops using teets ill stop

X

I agree with you Claire, until you stop using teets, especially if you make the feeds up in advance.

To contradict myself for a moment though, my friend stopped at about 6 months. She always washed the bottles in the dishwasher (I've not got a dishwasher, just the old fashioned 'roll your sleeves up' Laughing ). I'm sure that dishwashers use really hot water, so if you use them straight from the dishwasher, and use the feed as soon as you make it, there will no time for bacteria to spread.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
i did my daughters entill she was off bottles of milk think she was 1 and a half but still even as she grew i would still use Milton or serializer every week to make sure they were clean lol..xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular