Tessytoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 pm 
Post subject: Weaning....
Hello everyone!

I would like to know everyones appraoches/experiences to weaning,
my daughter is 7months old and we are weaning, she is doing well and is having 3 meals a day, she eats near enough everything I give her.
Ive gradually been giving her more thicker stuff ( mashed potato sort of texture so not really lumpy but just quite thick if that makes sense Embarassed )
The last couple of days Ive tried her with more lumpy stuff and its been making her bork (sorry not sure how to spell!! lol!) but today I gave her some and she only borked once and finished the whole lot! So Im really pleased that i perservered with her and kept offering it, ill just gradually give her more lumps until she is really used to it. Very Happy
I am abit worried though incase tomoro is a different story and she just borks at it again! Has anybody else had problems when its come to giving more lumpy food?

Also how did your weaning go? Did you do the whole baby led weaning that they recomend these days and did it work? or did you go down the puree route and gradually give them more lumpy/thicker food? What worked for you? with my son, whos 5, I did the pureed food then gradually introduced more texures etc.. and Im doing the same with my daughter, letting her get used to things at her own pace and perservering with it .....
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
i did a mix, i started with purees and made them thicker, then from about 6/7 months introduced 1 meal a day of finger foods, usually meat, bread & butter, cheese, fruit and veg.

even though she didnt get teeth until she was 13 months, she was eating pretty much anything just cut up by 10 months.

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
I did blw so he just had normal food from the start and was absolutely fine with it. Its not unusual for them to gag on food though. Its because their gag reflex is further forward and its how they learn

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
I also did BLW and loved it! Although VERY messy! So much easier than preparing batches of purees.

I think i probs will do the blw way this time too but it totally depends on the little man and what he wants.

Mandy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular