Getting back on the rollercoaster!!

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am 
Post subject: Getting back on the rollercoaster!!
Hello, we had our first ivf with icsi March 2010 due to male factor issues. It was unfortunately unsuccessful, but we were left with 5 embryos to freeze. We had 2 put back 2 years ago and were blessed with our beautiful little boy who is now 15 months.

He is growing up fast and I feel I want to have another try whilst he is still a baby and I havent got to the 'desperate' stage again yet. I phoned the clinic this morning and have a follow up consultation on 13th September, so 4 weeks tomorrow (although might have to change it if dh cant have that day off work)

I am excited but also extremely nervous as once these three embryos are used we wont be able to afford a full round of icsi again so we will have to accept there will be no more children for us.

We are not telling anyone we are going for it again as first time we told all our friends and families and found the pressure of everyone asking all the time how we were getting on just added to the stress, the fet we didnt tell anyone so it meant that when we were with friends and family we talked about other normal things and could almost forget we were even having treatment. So I will probably be on here alot sharing with all you girls to get things off my chest.. if thats ok?!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Good luck i hope it works for you Smile Will you just be doing a natural cycle with the FET ? xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Good luck Fc, I hope its successful for you xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 am 
Post subject:
Thank you, yes hopefully a natural fet as that is what worked for us last time!
AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Yay good for you fc!! Hope it works quickly for you this time around. Smile xx

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:49 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Ally. Wow, youre 18 weeks already! How are you feeling? Is pregnancy hard with a busy toddler around?!
rubylilly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, how exciting! Really hope it works for you. xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular