Co sleeping - advice and reassurance?

Loulou86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 am 
Post subject: Co sleeping - advice and reassurance?
We have got into a bit of a habit where we bring my little girl into bed with us around 5am when she gets a bit unsettled. My mum and dad used to do this with me and my brother and we are all very close. I think I'm worrying that am I making a rod for my own back by doing this? Or am I just creating a stronger bond with my little girl? Think I want to just know if everyone else does it too?? [/u]
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 am 
Post subject:
I use to co sleep with my eldest son, I do have a very strong bond with him but I wouldn't say it was any more of a bond with my youngest son, I tried my best not let Charlie into our bed.
From my experiences I would personally not do it, my youngest slept far better than my eldest and from a much younger age. Also to get my eldest son to sleep I use to have to sit with him until he fell asleep where as my youngest would always self settle and didn't need me there for him to go to sleep.

It's entirely a personal thing really, I have a three week old daughter now also and am not letting her sleep in the bed with us, however I do feed her laying down in bed at night so there is a closeness Smile
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
I co slept with Jamie because it was the only way to get any sleep at all. From around 3 months he preferred going in his own cot. I'd say its entirely up to you

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
when sam was tiny if she woke before it was time to get up, i would put her in bed with me and we would get a few extra hours sleep. even now if she wakes up stupidly early on a weekend she gets in my bed.

she went through a stage of sleeping in my bed, but i had to put a stop to it as she is such a fidget, and i would spend most of the night on the edge of the bed with her toenails in my back!

i dont think it does any harm, but when they get older you have to be quite strict about making them stop in their own bed, as i think it becomes a harder habit to break the older they are

Faerydae
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
I co-slept with Logan for the first 5-6 weeks because he just refused to sleep anywhere else, now he sleeps in his cot in his own room but I bring him into bed with me if he won't settle when he wakes up really early and he's been fine Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular